Mid day / afternoon film show

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Since the lock-down, i have still got up early and worked non stop doing all the things around the home that i should have done a long time ago but either couldn't be bothered or didn't have enough time. My better half has been at work within the NHS but unfortunately fell quite ill last weekend, Fortunately, it is not the dreaded virus, but never the less it knocked her for six and she is now slowly recovering at home with full bed rest, therefore the noisey and smelly paint things i have been doing have come to a stop, so while i am looking after her i thought i would potter within the film room and have a few random shows, over the last two days, (including today) here is what i have put on, just a few shorts,

Trailers for, The Phantom of the Opera, (musical version), Evita, (Madonna)

Winnie the pooh & tigger too,
Donald Duck, Donald in the High Andes,
Murder's Row, Dean Martin & Karl Maldon,
Xanado LPP print, (reviewed here for screenshots Xanadu. 600ft, (2 x 400) U8 Low Fade print )
Capricorn one 600ft Scope version, (Gwyn's review gave me the appetite for this one), (reviewed here for screenshots Capricorn one 600ft Scope colour Sound )
The Warriors, 3 x 400ft version, (reviewed here for screenshots The Warriors 3 x 400ft Marketing olour Sound )

I will do a couple of short reviews later for the ones with no screenshots.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Mid day / afternoon film show

#2 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Tom,
Had to laugh on the didn't have enough time comment, how much time do you need?

Nice set of films too , Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Nice selection there Tom,all make for good viewing I had a 35mm copy of Evita which I had given to me,don't ask.I did not have the means to show this so passed it on,would like to have it on 16mm though along with The Warriors one of my favourite films.

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#4 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Yes i did think that.
To be honest with you, i really thought i was going to all but gut the film room and give it a hell of a spring clean. I did manage the side that the films are on but once i got into using a small hammer to chip off all the paint on our front gate it seemed to to go on forever, then i made the mistake of partially sorting out the Daughters bedrooms while they are on lock down at there Mothers, then the front and rear Gardens and Garage, the time just seems to fly away when you get into some of this stuff. i realised that i was a lazy twat for too long

I will be making up for it soon once the Wife is up and about again.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#5 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Good to hear you are doing all the housework,just think once all that’s done you can spend all the time in your film room!

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#6 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Gwyn, that is my intention, i need to make up for lost time now. I think being a housewife is an easy number, whats all the fuss? The washing machine does all the laundry, cooking is no problem if your organised and hoovering and dusting is a walk in the park. I never understand why women want to go out to work when they can put there feet up for most of the day Just my wicked humour, no offence intended.

BTW, The warriors is also one of my own favourites too. I saw it in the cinema in 79 many times over. That opening sequence really kicks the movie off so well. Mind you, looking at some of those outfits today, some of them really do look kind of camp, but its still a great movie. Nothing special about the story, the acting or anything, just one of those films that takes you away from everyday stuff.
I still cant believe that i didn't buy the full feature when it was out. The unfortunate thing now is that the fade is creeping in. I do have two version on DVD, The directors full cut showing those comic book style pieces as the film progresses which is a 15 certificate, and the original which is still an 18 cert. I do prefer the original but love the extras on the disc of the special edition.
That fight sequence near the end in the toilets always gets a rush of adrenaline, it still looks great today. I dont think ive ever seen a copy on 16mm for sale either.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 04.18.2020 | Top

The Mad Magician 3D
Donald Duck - The Autograph Hound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor