War of the worlds/Blitz wolf/ Mowgli

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:24 pm

Tonight we had a mixed viewing, i'm working my way though certain films that havnt been viewed in a few years,

War of the worlds, 3 x 400ft marketing, (on 1 x 800ft reel) very well edited, screenshots are on the review here,

War of the Worlds 3 x 400ft colour sound

Blitz wolf, Derann release, 1942 propaganda short film produced and distributed by MGM. A parody of the Three Little Pigs directed by Tex Avery. Review here for screenshots,

Blitz Wolf Derann Full Version

Also, a 200ft extract from the jungle book, titled, "Mowgli the jungle boy". Its not a bad extract, the image is very sharp and the colours are still very good though there is a little fade in there noticeable on the front title. This particular excerpt has the films original ending. Good fun but I would prefer it if I could get all three extracts, the problem i have found is that the best of the three extracts with the song "I wanna be like you" was always slightly soft and/or faded. All good fun though.

Dave Baker likes this
Lee Mannering sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 01.19.2023 | Top

RE: War of the worlds/Blitz wolf/ Mowgli

#2 by Dave Baker , Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:08 pm

Very nice , thank you Tom !

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Dave Baker
Date registered 12.25.2021
ThankYou 24

#3 by Burton Sundquist , Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:17 am

Those Shots from War Of the Worlds prove you have an Agfa print! Should be good for years to come! The Jungle Book shots are great too! I Have the Derann full feature and it is remarkable!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Burton Sundquist  
Burton Sundquist
Date registered 01.09.2023
home: British Columbia, Canada
ThankYou 1

#4 by Lee Mannering , Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Nice to read about Jungle Book
I had the 2 x 200ft excerpts, which I got from my fave camera shop in sunny Kent when they were closing down. Eventually, I edited them together in sequence, scanned the images and built a sound track to fit in Stereo. Being low fade it makes a lovely watch and a good keep sake from the old shop
.Nice to see your pictures.

Tom Photiou likes this

Lee Mannering
Date registered 11.07.2022
ThankYou 5

Last edited 01.20.2023 | Top

#5 by Thomas Peters , Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Those colors for MOWGLI are very nice. I bought I WANNA BE LIKE YOU back in 1977 when it was first released (I was a kid back then.) Mine has held up well, similar to your MOWGLI pics. Mine is very sharp -- no issues there. I never got around to buying the other JUNGLE BOOK extracts. I believe they also had BARE NECESSITIES and COL. HATHI'S MARCH, correct?

Awhile ago, I bought some Disneys from Derann from their used list. The ones printed by Derann of course have great color but even the Disney-released ones look great. I had heard that these were printed in the U.K. I should check the film stock, but I know the boxes say "colour" rather than "color."

Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

Last edited 01.26.2023 | Top

Horse Feathers 400ft
Dont give up the ship. Viacom print

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor