RE: Holy S**** P Foster

#26 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:37 pm

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone". Just my ten pence (cents to us Americans).

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:39 pm | Top

#27 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 pm

He will probably only do a few months of his sentence and get early release due to it being a first offence.
I wonder if he will still continue dealing in film when he gets out.
I doubt so. This may be the end of an era.

David Hardy

#28 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:25 pm

I see he didn't get a barrister, he decided to represent himself.
I wonder if the judge thought he was being cocky and only assumed he would land a fine therefore went the extra bit and jailed him.

Paul Barker likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#29 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Tom, this crossed my mind too when I read the article.It may well have influenced the judge's temperament. I wonder why he didn't get representation.

Jonathan Trevithick

#30 by Paul Barker , Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:56 pm

because hes a tight as a ducks a--e. his arrogance also made him think he would just get a fine. so why pay out for a solicitor the money will pay toward my fine. what a total IDIOT. just shows you what some of you have been dealing with all these years.

Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
Date registered 12.01.2015
ThankYou 45

#31 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Really? That is not my impression of Mr. Foster. Only small thing I haf was that he would not supply screen shots of a print I wondered about. He had no time to do so on the cheap prints, which I accepted. Otherwise I have positive experiences (prices are sometimes too high though)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#32 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Sounds like Paul B has had a bad experience, of which I sympathise, I have had many a bad experience in this mine field of a hobby,
even losing £1800.00 0n a bad deal some years back in the USA. Paul is no worse than many, he fell foul of the "law", I just watched
a programme on tax evasion in the Cayman Islands, where the UK "government" still hold rule, but encourage and turn a blind eye to
big business avoiding tax from monies generated in the UK, hypocritical or what? Paul Foster has been a bloody good dealer over the
years, I'm not saying he is a saint, but he has done no harm to many of his film buyers, he was only doing what the rest of the "Global
Economy" is doing, trading internationally, with China, our friends, just like the "government", he hasn't resigned any of our workforce to the unemployment queue, unlike our "government" on their steel deals" with China, or killed anyone, he is no worse than many. Myself, I
would certainly still buy from him, I could tell tales out of school on some of the types out there, but to no end, Paul was silly, but his
crime pales beside many. Bob Monkhouse was mentioned on another forum regarding film piracy, he got off, but he was involved in a
pirate print of "Goldfinger", it involved Terry Wogan's son years ago. Bob had the sense and contacts to get away with it, Paul should have employed a lawyer, just proves, its the people you know that can open doors, justice is not only blind but stupid too.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#33 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:55 pm

It is now down to three Dealers in the UK, Barry, Ian & Phil, even though Ian is not as active, he is still there. A very sad state
of affairs. These chaps have been the stalwarts of this dwindling hobby, we surely would be lost without them.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#34 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Maybe someone could help while he is not able to? I assume they did not take his films?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#35 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:15 pm

I'd like to think someone has moved his films out of the way, they are not pirates, but to get them out of the way of bailiffs, another
lower life form.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#36 by Paul Browning , Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:18 pm

What is disturbing about this case is that you could argue that the second hand films bought by Paul to sell on could have been bought with money obtained by the proceeds of
crime ?, and should be traced and confiscated. It was mentioned on the other forum that in fact he did more business with his online dvd sales on ebay, so this would lend
more credence to my first point, a chicken and egg situation. I would image it would be difficult to disprove this, and they are no doubt as we speak building a case against him
when he is freed. The hornets nest as been well and truly poked.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#37 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Isn't it laughable though, we tolerate hate against our society by extremists, who are guests, but they scream racism and are let
off, one Paul Foster, who is small fry, a danger to no one, but he must be punished, where were all these sticklers for the law
when Savile was running wild, with government approval, and it was well known by the BBC he was a paedophile. A sign of the times
in this excuse for a once great country.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#38 by Paul Browning , Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Your right Hugh, every time we do nothing and say nothing we just legitimise extremists, how many time's have you seen people selling dvd's on a market stall ?, van loads full
and there all legit of course. It could just be someone online has reported him to trading standards, and they have acted. Every now and then they make an example of someone,
after all "its more than my jobs worth".

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#39 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Exactly Paul, it is just pisspoticle, we live in a sad misguided and aimless society lacking in moral fibre, I have always been the
champion of the underdog, just my nature, but all sense of fair play has been lost, common sense is a misnomer. A case has just come
to light in my own county of Cumbria, where a Father sexually abused and killed his own two year old daughter, the police had disturbed
evidence in the bedroom, did not seal it off as a crime scene, result, the guy walked free, now we hear of the judge being called to question, what kind of people have we got in the police and judicial services, they are a sham, but a man imports DVDs from China, and
he is suddenly Adolf Hitler, our moral compass is not just off, it has been mislaid.

Paul Browning likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#40 by Paul Browning , Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:05 pm

I saw this case Hugh, a very sad and disturbing case, fortunately we now know who he is and what he looks like, and if there is any justice for this little girl at all, " you reap what you so", and street style justice is just a couple of steps away, he'll be looking over his shoulder forever, F*** scumbag .

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#41 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 pm

That kind of justice is right up my alley, I have had my moments with streetfights and cops, with this joker it would be a pleasure
to spend another night in the cells, but why is it up to us to meet out justice? What am I saying..... Justice, in this country?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:12 pm | Top

#42 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Just to put things in some sort of perspective, some collectors/members of these forums might do well to remember "the white
box specials" back in the day, which went like shit off a shovel, no one objected then though, strange how times and memories fade.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#43 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:05 am

I feel sympathy to Paul, in that when I more or less resigned, from my input to the sfff , along with Robert Crewdson, my "enemies"
who did not have the "bottle" to engage me in verbage on forum, chose to keep quiet for years, then emerge like the worms they were,
when I could not comment, how cowardly, now I see the same moves on Paul, well I will be his champion, bring it on, you have much to
thank him for, so to the cowards that had a go at me, no doubt the same lot having a go at Paul, well, I'm here, fire away.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#44 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:25 am

I am the fighter for the underdog. I hate the pack. my track record is excellent, which is why I could have sorted the so called
law courts. The trial is a sham, a lawyer would have sorted it, he will appeal surely. I was a Union Convenor, but would have defended him
better.Our loss, however you think. Just read the 8mm forum , am I top of the idiot board Paul Barker?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:58 am | Top

#45 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 am

As you said Hugh.I was watching the BBC news this morning.In France the immigrants are causing chaos. British lorry. Driver's. Being pelted with bricks shopping trollies and attacked with knifes. You would have thought after what happened in Paris they would open fire on these scabs,all that happens is they are rounded up and put into nice new shelter, and here is a guy in prison for selling bootleg movies.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#46 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:55 am

Same things here in Norway. Women need to change it seems, not the assholes raping them. Something is seriously wrong in this world. Something gotta change soon. Ido think it's rightto be punished for crimes, but getting more jail for these bootlegs than animal torture or rape, that is just wrong.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#47 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:01 pm

This has made some very interesting reading regarding the "so-called " UK Justice System Vs Paul Foster.
So can we please put this one to bed and get on with the aim of this forum.

The following members like this: Clyde Miles, Mats Abelli and Eivind Mork
David Hardy

#48 by Mats Abelli , Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:14 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

The Ebay Shop is up again! http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/films16/m.html...&_from=&_ipg=50

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#49 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Just before some members pass their own sentence on Paul, let us remember that any films ordered from him were on your
doorstep within a few days, he always delivered. Granted what he did on the DVD front is viewed by many as wrong, but in some
circles it is known as commerce. Ask yourselves a question, how was the Columbia Pictures deal lost by a well known film distributor, by
being naughty, prints that were made and sold, were not any cheaper to the collectors who bought them. Human nature, or business sense?

Hugh Thompson Scott

#50 by Dave Alligan , Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Just ask your self a question Hugh, if you had spent thousands of pounds on making a TV programme or film and then somebody copied it and was making thousands of pounds without contributing towards the production costs how would you feel ?

We are not just not talking of one or two copies we are talking or thousands of copies.

Anyway that's my opinion and to me Paul has done the crime now he must take the punishment like a man.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Got myself a new projector. But which model is it?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor