RE: Holy S**** P Foster

#51 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Point taken Dave, but I have little or no sympathy for the big conglomerates involved in film or recording artists, they are all
crooks to a man. Many artists have been "ripped off" over the years, including Louis Armstrong who made loads of records for
recording companies but was never paid, likewise with many artists of today. Imagine how you'd feel in an industry where you
have given your service and in many cases your health, only for your government to throw you on the scrapheap through a cheaper,
inferior product, the result of "Globalisation", which they are finding does not work. Paul was never a saint, but then not many of your
film distributors were.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#52 by Dave Alligan , Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:03 pm

I totally agree with you Hugh the trouble was paul knew what he was getting himself into and knew the risks involved as he tried to spread things about and involved other members of his family including his mother in law and brother, and now he is a convicted criminal which will follow him about for the rest of his life now.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#53 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Were are the original DVD's pressed? Maybe China? Just remember 16mm and 35mm are not licensed for selling, they were rental titles in most cases.

Most of the stuff is on line anyway. Why don't they shut you tube? Theres more copyrighted stuff than Paul could ever sell.

"Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three."

http://www.filmsite.org/wavfiles/willywonka3.wav

All typing errorsare due to fault keyboard.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#54 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:34 pm

I am obviously in a minority here, but as a FILM seller, he did what was required, he has sold me some lovely films, along with our
other dealers, he was always helpful, on the DVD front, I bought a set of music CDs from "The Prisoner", they play okay, no queries
on that score, so I do think he should have a bit of slack shown, he has been a decent lad to buy from for many years, he has not cheated
any film collectors to my knowledge in the sale of films, unlike some dodgy dealers from the past I could name, none of them active today I might add.

Paul Barker does not like this!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#55 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:42 pm

I have only positive transactions with Mr. Foster myself, agree that jail is just too much. UK didn't jail a muslim for raping a 13 year old, which is much worse in my eyes. Shame on the justice system

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#56 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Vidar i day that each and every day.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#57 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm

I think we know our judicial system is away with the fairies, pity Paul wasn't Islamic, he might have got off, "Me not know your rules
or language, oh great benevolent one, have pity on this unworthy Son of Allah, many bargains to be had also."

Hugh Thompson Scott

#58 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 pm

To which, If I was in judgement of these interlopers would have been, "Yes, and may the great ship of the desert only shit in the back of your tent, Abdul, Yer deportation papers are served! Take him away."

Hugh Thompson Scott

#59 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:52 pm

On a lighter note ...

" I have nothing to say "

Attached pictures:
Dirty Work 2.png  

Eivind Mork likes this
David Hardy

#60 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Where did you get that hat Dave, I want one, Just kiddin'.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#61 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:17 am

Hahaha .... I just thought a still from "Dirty Work "would cause a ripple in this topic.

David Hardy

#62 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 am

Well done David, a bit of light heartedness is needed, although I still feel sorry for the poor bugger, one of our own, facing
a jail sentence. It is so easy to say, yes he knew the score, so did the Bankers, using your money for fraud,........ but they GOT OFF!!!!!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:51 am | Top

#63 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:18 am

As mentioned earlier, Monkhouse evaded piracy, as was shown in a recent TV documentary, how so? He had the money and contacts
to evade the "law". Does it not stink, or are you the type to turn the blind eye?

Hugh Thompson Scott

#64 by Paul Barker , Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:12 am

so boring. put it to sleep someone. PLEASE.

Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
Date registered 12.01.2015
ThankYou 45

#65 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:20 pm

If its so boring, then bugger off and do something else, this is our hobby, a dealer less is serious, think on it.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#66 by Paul Barker , Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Hugh. do you not see. most agree in what you are saying. there is deceit all around us. government etc we all know its there but it still doesnt make it right.be it a film dealer or whoever they are. ive known Paul Foster over 25 years. its only these latter years he has changed. what posseses a person to do what he did. he had no need to do it. he made good money without doing what he did. he told me several years ago. if the film buisness stopped he was well sorted finance wise. he could comfortably retire. it was as the judge said sheer GREED. as regard ripping collectors off. well i was one for a start. when i brought it to the attention of others last year on the other forum. i got 8 private emails from other collectors who he had done the same too, 3 of them in america. so please do not make him out as sort of saint of collectors he is far from that. we all know and expect dealers to make a profit but as far as im concerned hes been ripping people off good style with his profit margins. if a dealer buys a film for a tenner what would you say is a fair profit. 100% maybe. i know Paul went way beyond that. at the end of the day he did wrong and is now paying the price. i diont know how he sees it ,but to me he has not only let himself down. he let many collectors down as well.

Graham Sinden and Mark Hearn say Thank You!
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#67 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:27 pm

hey, do you reckon at the final sentence he upset the judge by saying,
" e r gov'ner, ive got some of your favourite movies, call it a few squid and we'r done".

Question is, when Paul is out, will you still support him by buying films? I know i will if he has what i want and at a good price.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#68 by Paul Barker , Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:49 pm

takes all kinds doesnt it. no wonder things are like they are.

Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#69 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:51 pm

???

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#70 by Paul Barker , Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Tom. have i misread your post . my appologies if i have.

Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

Last edited 01.26.2016 | Top

#71 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 pm

hey no worries Paul, i was just trying to lighten it up, here endeth the post me thinks.
He's been a bad lad and is certainly paying the price. Lets hope if he decides to set up again he keeps the 8mm/16mm going.

The end.

A Thomas Photiou thread production for reel magic forum
created by Vidar Olavison,
with contributions from stars of the century including
Andrew Woodcock, Hugh Scott Thompson, Jonathon Trevithic, David Alligan,David Ollerearnshaw,Timothy Duncan, David Hardy, (any relation to Oliver?),Paul Barker,Mats Abelli,
MMXV1

OHHH, & special guest Paul foster
as you can see i have time on my side tonight, no punn intended!

Mats Abelli likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#72 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:50 pm

You won't get Vidar's attention right now Tom. He's chewing his nails again like I will be tomorrow night!

Love the rolling end credits there BTW!! Lol.

Andrew Woodcock

#73 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Whats happening tomorrow night?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#74 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Just boring ole footie Tom for cup final places. Liverpool's turn tonight, ours tomorrow.

Andrew Woodcock

#75 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 am

What I can't understand Paul, is why did they not make their points known on forum, or better yet, sort out the problem with
Paul Foster. Surely that is the way to solve a problem, rather than mutter and complain but not follow it through. Paul on the
film front was no different to many of the dealers, they buy in cheap, sell dear, Derann were past masters at this, one of the films
I sold to them was the S/8 Opt. Ben Hur, I got £30.00 for it, on their lists it was priced at £1000.00!!, obviously a typing error,
they meant £100.00, but what a profit margin. I have dealt with Paul since he left Derann under a cloud, Derek asked if I'd received
any lists from Paul, which I hadn't, until a few days later, Derek asked me to contact him if I got any, which I didn't, why cause aggro.
Anyway, any film purchases I have made have been fine, I think he did himself on an IB Tech copy of "Support Your Local Sheriff" on
his list for £99.00, I suspect he meant £199.00, but he didn't make any bones about it and sent it. Some of his titles were optimistic,
but that is up to the purchaser if they want to pay or make a sensible offer. The Judge's comments on greed, were probably right, but
our society is founded on greed, one of our Prime Ministers echoed "Wall Street's" Gordon Gekko, "Greed is Good", so Paul is a product of an amoral society. Take a look on ebay and notice how many products are coming from China, not just DVDs, but automotive parts etc,
I don't blame Paul at all, the fault lies with Government Policy that is allowing all this stuff from China to flood the market, if tighter
economic policies were in operation, the majority of this stuff would not be allowed into the market place. As for the question "Would I deal with him again?", why not, I've bought from Derann for years, and they bent a lot of rules, not all their product was top notch, I
still remember the 8 spool collection of hockey pucks entitled "North By Northwest", it had been wound up while the stripe was wet,
so became a solid mass, I returned it at my expense, not theirs, no, to be fair, many of the dealers had it good back in the day,and we
had to put up with it.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Got myself a new projector. But which model is it?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor