Holy S**** P Foster

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:13 am

Has anyone on here seen the news about Paul? I ant believe it, is this right? or is it a different P Foster?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Holy S**** P Foster

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 am

Pray tell more Tom???

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:17 am

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 am

Me too!!

Unbelievably bad day for our hobby!!!!!

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 am

If this is our Paul, he is a bad lad, but he pales into insignificance against the people in our midst who would do us harm, coupled
to our MPs who sell arms to people we are supposed to be "at war with", no , Paul might be a "wrong 'un", but next to our so called betters, he is a novice, I just received my latest purchase from him, I've had my differences with the lad in the past, but I like him,
he has always done well by me, I speak as I find, Paul will be a serious loss to this fraternity. Far better the cops seek out the real
bad guys, or they might need permission from the EU, wouldn't want to transgress, would we, our shit government!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 am | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 am

Paul's Paul, you speak as you find. However compared to many in life,he is a moral citizen!!!

Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 am

Not to get too political, I promised our mate Vidar, but in Paul's case, which is piddling compared to the Fox/Werrity case, where
his "boyfriend" was in the room where serious arms deals were made, Werrity being an arms dealer was passed over, but its laughable,
here we have a serious case of arming, which was washed aside, Paul is a "villain", and must be punished, like hell say I, can we not do something here on our forums, can we not unite on a common cause, he is one of our own, granted he was an "Arthur Daley", but he
didn't do us wrong. Can we present a petition of sorts on behalf of our friend? There was a time I believed in justice, this is parody.
In my day on the Union, I was renowned as the taker of "lost causes", I'd take Paul's now, and I'd bloody well win!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:04 am | Top

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:05 am

We can but try Hugh, but for what Paul is being brought to justice for. I have no dealings.

Prey tell more if you're the avid box set "Love Thy Neighbour" purchaser and many more besides...obviously!

If we only purchased the odd film, 1200ft spool, feature film and similar paraphernalia from, we have no reason to even try and overturn judgement sadly.

If on the other hand,you now own every British Classic sitcom and comedy known to man via Paul Foster Collectables, then perhaps your petition might just do one ounce of good!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 am | Top

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:14 am

Hi Andrew, I've bought various stuff from Paul, it all plays okay. My grievance is with the so called "law of the land", where terror
is preached in mosques, schools, but that's okay, a guy who harms no one, is a person to be punished, it just burns me up, I might
have been done by Paul in the past, maybe not, but the state of this country is wide open to question, murderers, get bail, terrorists
jailed ( they should be deported) MPs allowed absolution to paedophilea, as long as they have the right contacts and wait until they are dead. Paul Foster shines compared to this lot.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:19 am

As said Hugh. Nevertheless, were changing nothing here. It's just the way it is now Hugh, no matter how hard it can sometimes be to stomach.

As said,easy meat, means easy target very sadly!!!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 am | Top

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:45 am

I stand by my former statements Andrew, it is the Law, but not justice, my allegiance to my friends in this our hobby,
won't be broken, be it Paul Foster or any other distributor of film, my love of film is these people who give us the movies,
I am probably a lone voice, but these "crimes" are nothing, our parliament watched while iron ore was mined in Australia,
to put China on its feet to undermine the finest steel in the world, British, Globalisation, the ruin of the World econominics.
Our own folk are rendered unemployed, but that isn't a crime, that is "collateral damage, a logistical fault, I wish these bastards
would come up here and say it. Paul is "small taties", pronounced tayties, not tatties, anyway, I hope they are lenient on the lad,
I for one am in his corner. Channel 4s prog on terrorism proved my observations, eight terrorists, three caught, Laughable.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 am | Top

#12 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:51 am

Wow. I'm almost speechless. It's a shame as it was very easy to deal with Paul from overseas as he accepted Paypal.

Jonathan Trevithick

#13 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 am

Anybody called Mr. Foster? I can't believe this and hope it's another Foster

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#14 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Vidar,unfortunately there is NO other Paul Foster from Penkridge selling films on Ebay.

Jonathan Trevithick

#15 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Sadness ... I saw eBay and there was no films at all :-(

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:18 pm

There is no mistaking the fact that this is sadly, "our Paul".

In view of the fact that I had no intention now of waiting the duration to obtain some new stock of Filmguard, I ordered my new stock from Jack Roe direct (Jackro) this morning.

It was a fair amount cheaper this time around than I've paid from them in the past also.

This might be useful information here to those who still like and use Filmguard in Paul's immediate absence.

I also enquired to the very nice lady there who takes the orders, whether or not there was a foreseeable time ahead when they would no longer stock Filmguard.
Pleasingly, the answer I received back was, while ever it is still being manufactured, they will continue to stock it!

In fact even with a brand new spare blower brush thrown in, as there was no extra postal charge, the total was still only the same as I had previously paid for just the filmguard when ordering in the past.

Some good news then for the day I suppose amidst all the bad.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:27 pm | Top

#17 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I get my Filmguard from the States, Andrew.
This has got me thinking. Does anyone know who else sells Fuji GS1200 bulbs? Paul was the only guy selling them regularly on Ebay.

Jonathan Trevithick

#18 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:43 pm

I thought Film Guard was not allowed to ship ... Can I get it to Norway too?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#19 by Dave Alligan , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:09 pm

I have no sympathy with people that break copyright laws, how would they feel if they spent thousands of pounds on making a film or TV programme only to have somebody copy it and sell it with out having paid anything in production costs.

He broke the law and now he must take his punishment but at the end of the day Paul Foster is now a convicted criminal

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#20 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Harsh, but true. If he knew they were copies, there need to be concequences. Still, sad. Digital is dangerous. Should that include those who print those Italian boot legs on Super 8 too then? Personally I think one should see amount. I mean 5 sales of a Super 8 film won't do much damage to the company sales, but thousands of DVD's might. Still illegal though. If companies give us what we want, we would not need to. I copy some DVD's myself, but not for sale, only to make my bought Region 1 won't play and the region lock is disabled on the copy.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#21 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:30 pm

David, i do agree with you, BUT,
I think in this case the dickhead judge went way over the top, that crime deserves punishment such as confiscate all films etc, banned from trading, and/or a fine but 16 months jail???? Ridiculous.

I've said on another forum, (& had it taken down), that when you see what other scum get away with including immigrants who commit crime and are still allowed to stay here and still do not go to jail, this case is utter ridiculous.
That man is waking up in a prison, copyright laws are laws but jail is just nonsense, it even states he has a clean record prior to this.
Go to most boot sales and there's someone there selling bootleg DVDs etc. I am not being political, i am making a comparison.
For all the fault of what he has done this overkill punishment does not fit the crime. I bet Jimmy Saville wouldn't have got this long, and many of his named mates have not or will be be prosecuted.
It's a pity Paul wasn't an MP, he would have just got smacked hands.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#22 by Dave Alligan , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:39 pm

I do agree with you Tom in comparison to some crimes but it does send out a message to others, unfortunately Paul Foster has learnt the hard way and lost so much.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#23 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 pm

I am hoping, (i do not condone what's been done), but i do hope Paul and his family are going to appeal this stupid over kill of a sentence to get him out of there.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#24 by David Ollerearnshaw , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:24 pm

I would imagine most film collectors are also guilty of breaking copyright laws. Just think how many of us bought films of a dubious nature. Remember what it used to say "Licensed for home use only. All other rights reserved" And if you want to get really technical anyone rerecording the soundtrack from dvd is breaking the law too.

I have bought a couple of films from Paul and I must say they were good quality.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#25 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:32 pm

As Tom says, in my opinion, a jail sentence in this particular case is ridiculous. There would be far more suitable punishments for someone in Paul's position than this. Our prisons cannot cope as it is without locking up people who pose no real threat to society.

I'm sure hitting Paul in his pocket would have been punishment enough to act as any deterrent in this instance.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Got myself a new projector. But which model is it?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor