One Million Years BC 200ft colour Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 pm

This short Walton extract was one of the first of two sound films my Brother bought when he got his first sound projector in 1974. The one he bought back then was the 200ft B/W sound edition but I remember the sound being very low on volume. We sold it a number of years ago now as it just wasnt the same without colour, (after seeing it on the telly).
A few years ago this one came up on ebay and the price started at £8. I bid a tenner and won it and took a chance as there were no screenshots, but it was colour sound. Being a Walton print, it was either great for colour or faded. As luck had it, this one has excellent vibrant colours, very sharp image and very good sound. This print has a single black line to the right that comes and goes, for most of the film, it’s virtually line free.
This short edition, (one of two released along with the 8 reel feature), starts with one of those “the story so far” boards. Tumak has been rejected by his tribe and is found by Loana, one of the shell people. The screenshots tell the story of this reel and it is a very good one which stands well on its own. Raquel Welch is of course the biggest and best star of this film!!!

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 10.26.2020 | Top

RE: One Million Years BC 200ft colour Sound

#2 by Del Phillipson , Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Tom you're a man after my own heart, you have some gorgeous colour prints

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

One Eyed Jacks. 400ft Edition colour sound
Oscars first 50 years. 200ft colour & b/w Sound.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor