Shout at the Devil. Scope, Agfa stock

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Last night we viewed, (at last) our copy of Shout at the Devil with Lee Marvin and Roger Moore from 1976.

I think this is a great movie, it has everything, action, drama, a touch of romance and comedy and all brilliantly played out by the two stars of the movie.
As always with 16mm, the print itself is sharp, the sound excellent and the colours on this print are also excellent on Agfa stock.
As to be expected there is some base lines and a couple scratches which are not intrusive. They appear are short lived. There are some splices but again, nothing out of the ordinary. The movies action keeps you peeled all the way through. On the scope screen, this one looks terrific. We are very pleased with this title as in the past we only had Iver's 8mm double album which while good, (and scope) was for us, not a satisfactory edit.

Shout at the Devil is a 1976 British war adventure film directed by Peter R. Hunt and starring Lee Marvin and Roger Moore. The film, set in Zanzibar and German East Africa in 1913–1915, is based on a novel by Wilbur Smith which is very loosely inspired by real events (see the sinking of the SMS Königsberg). The supporting cast features Barbara Parkins and Ian Holm.

Attached pictures:
IMG_8543.JPG  

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Del Phillipson and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Shout at the Devil. Scope, Agfa stock

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Looks very nice Tom,lm not too sure about being peeled by watching this particular film lol 😆
I do like Lee Marvin he made some great films one of my my favourites was Donovan’s Reef with John Wayne not one you see very often.
Very nice looks great in scope makes all the difference .

Del Phillipson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Thanks Gwyn, a good film for detaching from the real world for a short time. Hes been in so many good films. Dirty dozen is another favourite and point blank.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#4 by Martin Dew , Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Thanks, Tom. I have a lovely print of this too which is quite intermittently scratched up but I'm very pleased with it.

My small collection of 16mm films are presumably all ex-library and so have wear, but I actually quite like scratches and blotches because they act as a bit of a time stamp and demonstrate that the films are genuine.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Greg Perry
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

Last edited 09.05.2020 | Top

#5 by Martin Dew , Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:43 pm

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Del Phillipson and Greg Perry

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#6 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Have this in 16mm too, unfortunately part of one reel is flat. The trailer that Iver released is almost like a cutdown. Love the other one that Roger Moore also made about the same time GOLD. Same producer I think. Again trailer is action packed.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Tom Photiou, Greg Perry and Martin Dew

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#7 by Del Phillipson , Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:38 pm

Looks nice Tom, I'll have to sit and watch my Technicolour scope print now, you've sown the seeds

Tom Photiou likes this
David Skillern does not like this!

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Serpico. Theatrical print.
The Flintstones, Royal Rubble.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor