Time for a Christmas film....

#1 by Greg Perry , Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Hello!

As Christmas is fast-approaching, I will post a few pics here. I also got to use my new (used) Eiki zoom conversion lens which provided a nice, larger image.

Here are some images from the 16mm trailer of "A Christmas Story"....As fun as this trailer is, I would sure like to have the full-length feature!
If any one knows of a copy that might be available, please message me here...thank you!

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Tom Photiou, Gwyn Morgan, Del Phillipson and Tim Duncan

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Time for a Christmas film....

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Nice images Greg, we have begun our xmas showings,.Up untill now we have viewed mickeys xmas carol, elf scope trailer,miracle on 34th st trailer, (attenbrough version) home alone trailer, a Walt Disney xmas, very nice low fade copy, the night before xmas with tom and jerry and the Snowman.
This coming week we will be viewing our DCR feature print of Scrooge and also the 200ft toy tinkers.
All of our Christmas movies are super 8s so we are still looking out for a nice 16mm xmas movie. Two of my favourites would be the Bill Murray film Srooged or Trading Places but somehow i think i will be waiting a long time. On the other hand, any reasonable Christmas title woud be special.
I shall pop some images up in the week ahead.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Tim Duncan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 12.14.2019 | Top

#3 by David Skillern , Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:34 pm

I'll be screening my copy of Santa Claus the Movie on 16mm tomorrow.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Greg Perry and Tim Duncan
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#4 by Greg Perry , Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:11 am

Tom and David,

Looking forward to any pictures you may be able to take while viewing these great Christmas titles.....

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by David Skillern , Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Greg,

I will take some - I should have taken some last night as I screened - A Walt Disney Christmas, Tom and Jerry - The Night Before Christmas, Chip and Dale and Small One the 600ft version - but I will show these again so i will take some pics

Tim Duncan likes this
Greg Perry sais Thank You!
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#6 by Tim Duncan , Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 pm

Greg, if you DO find a print of that film (especially in the condition of your trailer), better keep it in a vault! :-) That film did an excellent job of recreating the look and feel of the 1940’s time period in the states. Some younger family members (on my wife’s side) were once discussing what time period that was, and one answered “I think the 1970s”. Silly young people!

Oh, you can get your own Red Rider rifle at Walmart this year!

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

Soundtracks
The Littlest Angel...1950..16mm Kodachrome.....

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor