Miner you gotta have Friends.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Still running 16s for the rest of this week, so tonight i popped on this excellent episode of Minder. This is one i bought off P Foster many years ago now. Colour is still very good with only the very lightest suggestion of fade. Print condition on this one is also excellent. I noticed the music used in this episode is, in places, very similar, almost the same in fact, as parts of Witchfinder General. Its also different in that the dramatic music goes into "end of part one and end of part two" titles. Not seen that before on this TV series. Defiantly one of the good episodes and some great guest starts including George Baker and Roy Kinnear. This episode also has a few darker moments, especially where the naked body of a man is bought ashore by a fishing boat, the music used is certainly not the norm for this TV programme.

When some bearer bonds belonging to gangster Bobby Altman go missing, he immediately suspects the courier Billy Gilpin and sends his heavies after him. Billy turns to Arthur and Terry for help and, whilst Terry manages to get him out of town to Brighton, Arthur has to talk his way out of things when Bobby takes him for a ride.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork, Del Phillipson and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 01.02.2019 | Top

RE: Miner you gotta have Friends.

#2 by Del Phillipson , Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 am

Great again Tom, I love the original Minder series, not once Dennis Waterman left. Looks a great print, seen one or two of these lately but quite expensive for the good quality ones.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

RE: Miner you gotta have Friends.

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 pm

This was the first one i bought many years ago, these images really dont show the bright greens etc but as you can see, its better than many that are out in circulation. The one i bought form Dave Guest, here,

Minder Episode, Waiting for Goddard

Is an absolute stonker of a print. It's like a new LPP copy, it was pricey but then i guess to get the non faded items, you have to expect it to be a bit more. This was the same with my two professionals prints,

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Bilko episode, Grand Hotel.
Dances with Wolves.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor