Star Trek The Motion Picture Scope Trl

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Here is a very rare trailer on super 8. I have never seen this one advertised before,
it a scope trailer for STTMP. (sorry folks, its too much to keep typing).
It's a great little trailer but unfortunately it had faded and is very slightly soft, some parts look better than others, but never the less, the rarity of this makes it worth popping up a few images here.
The colour,as said, has faded, the sound is very good and the it fills the scope screen with some great images of the Enterprise and some of the action, right at the end we get that CIC logo in full with that haunting music, one of my favourite logo's from the late 70s early 80s. It is also on the Scope Jaws trailer, and i have a spare one at the end of Indi 8s Advert reel, at the end of that ad reel there are some great old logo's, all with excellent colour and sound. That Ad reels worth getting just for the logo's and the Batman Movie (1966) VHS Release.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Robert Crewdson and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Star Trek The Motion Picture Scope Trl

#2 by David Skillern , Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 am

Hi Tom,

Ive a little story about this trailer of Star Trek the motion picture - I took a box of films into Derann while I was working in Birmingham a few years before they closed and they gave me some cash for them - in my opinion - not enough - but that's not the story - I happened to say to Gary that I was looking for a complete print of Angels with Dirty Faces and as he could see I was a litle miffed at the amount of cash I had just been given - he gave me a few reels of film as compensation - mentioning that one of the reels contained extracts of Angels with Dirty Faces. When I got home there was indeed extracts of Angels with Dirty Faces and the complete final reel of the film and also on one reel 2 pristine trailers in cinemascope - Star Trek the motion picture and Bruce Lee in The Big Boss. So actually you could say I got my money back to some extent - both trailers are still in excellent condition.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Robert Crewdson and Tom Photiou
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 am

David, thanks for that, it's good that yours still has good colour, i guess they must have used various stocks.
On the other subject of what you got paid, i know the dealers gave very little for second hand films but i guess as a business they couldn't give more, the second hand film prices were of course, nothing compared to now, (in some cases).

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#4 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 am

I believe this particular star trek trailer was released by Derann, about 1981-82, they brought out a few titles all at once, and all were on the soft side for some reason (they did a masked "Raiders of the Lost Ark" which was soft as well).

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

#5 by Erik Schoolcraft , Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 am

There was a 400' cutdown of the Morion Picture available here. I'm not sure what scenes it included but I was offered a version of it from Ken Films yet the seller was from Canada and backed out for unknown reasons Actually he disappeared from another forum when I offered his asking price. He did send pics of the box and film reel so it does exist but with Ken Films it looks like a Full Frame release and probably very limited.

Erik Schoolcraft  
Erik Schoolcraft
Date registered 08.16.2018
ThankYou 18

Star Trek The Motion Picture 1 x 800ft
Star Trek Trailer Reels, ST 4,5,and 6. 200ft Colour sound.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor