Up Pompeii 400ft Colour Sound PM Films

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 pm

I Bought this when i was at Ealing one year in the Perry's bargain basket for £4. This is one of those saucy British comedies from the 70s with a number of well know British TV and film actors. Harmless sexy and saucy. Love it. This 400 foot version is very well edited with a decent amount of front and end titles which always makes you feel that you have watched the film. Although the 4 x 400ft version does occasionally turn up on lists, i am more than happy with this reel as the story is well preserved, there are no sudden edits, the image is sharp and the sound very good. This print has some fade but is a lot better in colour than these images show. The blues yellows and greens are still in there. During the last 100ft or so there is a single line scratch to the left side, (half way between centre and left edge), but for £4 it was a bargain and always raises a loud smile when viewed.

Up Pompeii is a 1971 British sex comedy film directed by Bob Kellett and starring Frankie Howerd and Michael Hordern. The film was shot at Elstree Film Studios, Borehamwood, England and is based on characters that first appeared in the British television sitcom Up Pompeii! (1969–1975).
Lurcio (Frankie Howerd) becomes the inadvertent possessor of a scroll bearing all the names of the proposed assassins of Nero (Patrick Cargill). The conspirators need to recover the scroll fast, but it has fallen into the hands of Lurcio's master, Ludicrus Sextus (Michael Hordern), who mistakenly reads the contents of the scroll to the Senate. Farcical attempts are made to retrieve the scroll before Pompeii is eventually consumed by the erupting Vesuvius.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Up Pompeii 400ft Colour Sound
Viva Las Vegas

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor