Up Pompeii 400ft Colour Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Now here is a 400 footer that due to its very good supply of front and end titles makes you really think you have watched the entire film.
Although these images make it look red the colour has actually held up very well, i was going to list it for sale tonight but after watching it decided its good for a number of years yet. Always gets a loud smile from me, this film is a camp as 1960/70s comedy gets especially with Frankie Howard, plenty of raunchy women & theirs even an orgy going on, great scilly camp comedy at its 70s best. The picture on this print is nice and sharp with excellent sound and all on a very full 400 ft spool. PM films did a good job of this edit. I would love to get the 4 x 400 but i suspect they are all faded now.
The plot is very simple,
Lurcio (Frankie Howard) becomes the inadvertent possessor of a scroll bearing all the names of the proposed assassins of Nero (Patrick Cargill). The conspirators need to recover the scroll fast, but it has fallen into the hands of Lurcio's master, Ludicrus Sextus (Michael Hordern), who mistakenly reads the contents of the scroll to the Senate. Farcical attempts are made to retrieve the scroll before Pompeii is eventually consumed by the erupting Vesuvius.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Up Pompeii 400ft Colour Sound

#2 by David Skillern , Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Tom,

ive got the 4x400ft of this - i loved Frankie Howard - when my daughters Drum Kit leaves my Den next Monday - i will be able to screen my prints again and i'll let you know what its like in terms of colour - on the last viewing the colour had held up well.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#3 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 pm

David. I will look forward to your report.
I also like frankie howard, the one and only. He was a great addition for carry on Dr. If only there was a colour release. Be a good one to get on 16mm

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#4 by David Skillern , Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:13 am

Tom,

When I get the opportunity soon - I will - it will be good to see the delectable Madeline Smith in all her glory !!!!

David Skillern  
David Skillern
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#5 by David Skillern , Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 am

Also Julie Ege - who I've also got in the Iver 5x400ft of The Amorous Milkman

Tom Photiou likes this
David Skillern  
David Skillern