16mm Scope Lens Brackets

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Sorry, put this one in the wrong place so put it here where it belongs

A fellow member asked me a question regarding scope lens brackets.
A bit of a topic for me this as i was very fortunate to have the Elf NT1 which is relatively easy to buy items and spares for.
We ourselves have a Sankor 16D scope lens. We originally bought his one years ago for use with super 8, 99% of the time i stuck with the Isco Cottingen lens that i already had so it got very little use.

Move on a few years when i decided to stay with 16mm rather than move it on we wanted one film in scope, Kidnapped, bought from Dave Guest & reviewed on here, i had the lens, (with 52mm barrel) but no scope bracket. I knew nothing of what i was meant to use so i tried various things that i had seen, made some forum enquiries and the Elf bracket came up from an ebay seller. The first one was wrong, too small for the barrel. Apparently the 16D Sankor with a 52mm barrel is quite rare. I dont know if thats true or not, perhaps someone can confirm that, so he exchanged it for me. What i like about this barrel is how its made to bolt onto the body of the projector and you simply swing it up when you need it as per my images here.

Now i found these images elsewhere that may be very basic but appear to do the job, obviously it has to have some weight behind it to prevent any shake.
What do you use a bracket on Elf, B & H or Elmo 16mm machines?

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

B&H TQ1 with standard lens, scope lens question
David Guest Debrie D16

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor