RE: Question for Alessandro or Bill.

#26 by Paul Browning , Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:44 pm

THE CIRCUIT I UPLOADED I BELEIVE IS ONE SIMILAR TO THE KEITH WILTON UNIT, WITH A FEW COMPONETS, THERE ARE COUNTERS ,ITS ONE CHIP LM1881 COULD WORK WITH THE FUJI, ONCE YOU GET THE WIRING FIGURED OUT.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#27 by Paul Browning , Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:50 pm

I HAVE THE PRO VERSION BRAUN CAMERA ANDREW, THIS WILL DO PROFFESIONAL TYPE PULSE SYNC TO A NAGRA REEL TO REEL MACHINE TOO, I BOUGHT SOME PATCH CORD PLUGS TO CONNECT THE TWO TOGETHER AS THE CAMERA DOES NOT HAVE SOUND HEADS, BUT IT SLAVE THE NAGRA AT SPEED WHEN FILMING. I HAVE THE MANUAL FOR IT UPLOADED ON HERE BUT ITS A BIT HARD TO UNDERSTAND, ITS A NOT GOOD REALLY.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks Paul. Do you stripe your own films then?

Looking at the circuit diagram, it certainly looks simple enough but I am unsure where both the output cables from the pc audio socket would go to this circuit board?

I can see one point but not the other looking at the drawing??

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#29 by Paul Browning , Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:32 pm

THE VIDEO IN IS YOUR DVD IN, THIS PICKS UP THE PULSES FRO MTHE YELLOW PHONO LEAD, THE OTHER THREE WIRES ARE YOUR DIN PLUG ANDREW, SO WHEN YOU FIGURE THIS OUT
THIS IS THE INPUT, WHICH WILL LOCK THE PROJECTOR TO THE INCOMING PULSES FROM YOUR DVD. NOW THE SOUND AND PICTURE NEED TO BE LINED UP TO START TOGETHER AND LOCK TOGETHER. NOW THE BOX I HAD FROM ALESSANDRO DOES THIS BEAUTIFULLY AND WILL DO IT WITH SOUND TOO, SO THE FIRST SOUND PICKED UP WILL START THE PROJECTOR INSTANTLY AND STAY LOCKED IN. I HAD EARLIER THOUGH PERHAPS WE COULD GET THE VIRTUAL DJ TO DO THIS ANDREW. IT HAS BEAT MATCHING SOFTWRE BIULT IN, SO IF WE MAKE A SQUARE WAVE PULSE AND SAVE TO MP3, PLACE IT ON DECK ONE, AND DO THE SAME FOR DECK TWO AND CLICK, THIS WOULD SHOW IF THE ALGO'S WOULD BEAT MATCH THE CLICKS, IF IT DOES WE THEN INTRODUCE THE SOUND ON ONE DECK AND TRANSFER TO FILM STRIPE THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER OUTPUT ???. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS BUT ITS GOOD AT THIS I COULD NOT SEE WHY IT WOULD NOT WORK. I AHVE A LAMINATE STRIPER ANDREW FOR THE ACETATE FEATURES I HAVE, BUT I NEED A BIT MORE BALANCE STRIPE BEFORE I COMMENCE THE STRIPE TO FILM PROCESS.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Yes Paul, that much I understand, but the video in (yellow cable) is two wires to make the signal.
One goes to video in on the c/b but Where does the other one go on this circuit?

What frequency of square wave do you use btw 25 is it to match the DVD frame rate?

What amplitude of signal is required for the pulse to be detected?

The kit I have has 4 separate audio outputs from the Gigaport soundcard so it maybe possible to send the square wave pulse signal out on one deck whilst simultaneously sending out the film audio track through the other deck?
They could then both be locked together by using software I'd guess?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:49 pm | Top

#31 by Paul Browning , Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:35 pm

YELLOW PHONO LEAD TWO WIRES, ONE IS THE SIGNAL LEAD , OTHER IS SCREENED EARTH. IT 'S A QUESTION I AKSED SOMEONE ABOUT THE FREQUENCY ON THIS, A DVD RUNS AT 25 FPS, AND YOU CANNOT TELL ITS RUNNING ONE FRAME FASTER I'M TOLD . YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE FREQUENCY TO 25 HZ ON THE UPLOAD ANDREW AND NOT WHAT IS SHOWN, ALTHOUGH IT WILL WORK WITH THIS TOO. THIS HAS BEEN GENERATED WITH AUDACITY FREE SOFTWARE, QUITE EASY TO USE. YOUR NORMAL SOUND CARD WILL DO IT, ALTHOUGH YOU COULD USE AN EXTERNAL CARD, BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT WITH VIRTUAL BECAUSE YOU CAN CHANGE THE CONFIG ON THE OUTPUT FROM THE HEADPHONE SOCKET.

Attached pictures:
frequency details for gs ess.jpg  

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#32 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 am

Thanks once again Paul and yes, I kinda knew one of the yellow phono leads is an earth but do you actually need to connect it to earth on this circuit for it to work correctly?

I'd imagine you do despite the circuit diagram making no reference to this?

Andrew Woodcock

#33 by Paul Browning , Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:54 am

I DOUBT IT WOULD MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE REALLY, AS A BAD EARTH SOUNDS VERY MUCH LIKE THE SQUARE WAVE YOUR TRYING TO CREATE !!!!!!. IT'S CALLED A VIDEO STRIPPER I THINK, AS IT STRIPS BACK EVERYTHING OTHER THAN THE VIDEO SIGNAL AND LOCKS TO THE INCOMING SIGNAL AND LOCKS THEM TOGETHER. IT WAS I BELIEVE DESIGNED BY A BBC SOUND ENGINEER FRIEND OF KEITH WILTON.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#34 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:17 am

Well do you connect it Paul and if not what do you do with the screened earth cable, simply tie it onto itself out of the way?

Andrew Woodcock

#35 by Paul Browning , Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 pm

IF IT WERE THE ELMO I'D SAY CONNECT TO PIN 5, ITS A FUJI SO IF YOU FIND THE PIN OUT CONFIG ANDREW CONNECT TO THE EARTH ON ITS CORRECT PIN. THE DIN HAS A PROVISION FOR A SCREENED CABLE ANY WAY, NORMALLY THE OUTER METAL SURROUND.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#36 by Bill Parsons , Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:05 pm

This is the original circuit used for the GS1200, Pauls version is obviously simpler using a single ic, my previous post should have read pins 4 and 5 for the input of course, but due to this forums (in my opinion) ridiculous rulings i cannot edit this.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
Date registered 10.07.2015
home: Brookland, Kent, Uk
ThankYou 23

#37 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks Bill. I've now edited your older post to read pins 4 and 5.

I have no idea as an admin member what editing facilities you have at your disposal here, but if something needs making better, I am sure Vidar will pass this on to our website provider to make these changes happen.

I thought anybody had the facility to edit their own post?

Is this not the case Bill?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:13 pm | Top

#38 by Bill Parsons , Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks for altering it Andrew, If I try and edit a post after a while it tells me I cannot edit as there has been a reply, or words to that effect, I did have a moan to Vidar a while ago about it.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

#39 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 pm

That definitely needs sorting Bill. I will ask again Vidar to speak with our web hosts to make this adjustment possible.

Many comments were made after your post there, so there is no reason why you or indeed anyone else, cannot edit their original post at a later stage.

This facility is available on every other forum albeit with a message afterwards to say its been edited, so we should allow this one the same facility I'd say.

Bill Parsons likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#40 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:47 pm

You can for a period of time and perhaps if no replies. This can be checked by non-admin users only

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#41 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 am

Yes any chance this can be sorted Vidar please, must admit, like Bill, I have tried editing posts at a later date and cannot do it, a tad frustrating.

Del Phillipson

#42 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:28 am

You can edit your post at any point in time on the other forums. It lets everyone know your post has been edited by giving notice of the date and time it was adjusted.

I for one, would like to see this same facility here for our members.

We as admin, can edit our posts at any point in time without the text even making reference to the fact it has been edited.

For me personally, ALL editing should be the same for everyone with notification given at the bottom of the post to let people know when something has been changed whether that be admin or a member here.

If Eivind and of course the main man himself here agrees, perhaps we can look to our web host to facilitate this.

What do others feel regarding these points here?

Bill Parsons likes this
Bill Parsons sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:31 am | Top

#43 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Fully agree Andrew, go for it.

Del Phillipson

#44 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Yes I'm just waiting to hear back the thoughts of others Del, Eivind and Vidar of course also with this one.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:41 pm | Top

#45 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Problem with this, if there is a dispute, people can change the posts to fit with their own sayings. You know, I never said that, check my post and it has been altered. I think it is best like it is now, if someone want to change anything, let an admin know, we change it for you, unless there is something that needs to stay. Things like writing 3 instead of 4 is no problem changing, it is more when there is disputes (which we stopped having here???) :-)

That is my opinion

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 350

#46 by Bill Parsons , Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks for looking into Andrew, as you say all the other forums let you edit, I once put a post on the film tech forum that read as if Stanley Unwin had written it (showing my age) it was only after a few days later when I noticed a few odd replies I checked it and I was able to re write the post completely.
Looks as if we may be stuck with the problem reading Vidars reply.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

Last edited 01.29.2017 | Top

#47 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:08 pm

If you want it changed, you can just let an admin know which post and into what. Harmless posts are no problem

But ... I am not saying I would say no to change it (if possible) should everyone want to

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 350

#48 by Eivind Mork , Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:21 pm

I am with Vidar here. I wish the forum software had a versioning system so we could check previous versions. Then there would be no problem.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#49 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Vidar is gaffer Bill so we will stay as we are but as Vidar has suggested, if anyone including Bill finds themselves in the same circumstances, just PM myself, Eivind or Vidar and we will change it for you if the time means it won't allow you yourselves to do it.

Even if it's a full paragraph or more, just 're write it as you'd like it, PM one of us, and its two seconds then for one of the admin to copy and paste it back into the relevant box here.

Sorry Bill for the inconvenience.

Eivind Mork likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#50 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:55 am

Anyhow back to topic, this is apparently what I am seeking next, just in case anyone has ever seen one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZXzXN0d4tw

Just the controller of course.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:33 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Empty 600ft Box

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor