RE: Super 8mm prices.

#26 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:11 pm

E bay isn't regulated enough, clowns and jokers bidding like this need to be totally locked out out the site & any Pay pal account closed. I'm not too sure why dough brains do this. Exactly what do they get out of it, i think we all knew the guy wasn't going to get paid. Personally, if it was mine, once it got over the 150 i think i would have pulled it just to piss them off. As someone said earlier, it was two dickheads bidding against eachother, or even someone with two accounts.

On a more positive note, The china syndrome was listed with a buy it now of £7 + 2.80 P+P so i snapped it up, as i understand it,this is one of the very best cut downs on 8mm and with no stupid narrator. The review is on the other channel, the screenshots on the one im getting look to be excellent with very good colours. I will of course report back on it.

Although flea bay has its downside and idiots it does from time to time come up trumps. I certainly wouldn't buy expensive features on there unless i knew the seller after Dells experience.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#27 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:31 am

it's not only Del's experience Tom, eBay is riddled with stuff like this right through the various price ranges of films.

You have as much chance at buying a duff feature at say £350 as you have a 200ft short for a tenner.

This incurable behaviour by many, is indiscriminate!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:32 am | Top

#28 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:24 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I have had some absolute nut cases while selling on ebay. I once sold a Derann 200' Shakespeare 400, the clown who eventually won the auction straight away messaged me to say he was thrilled at winning the auction and had he won an actualy William Shakespeare (relist). I then had two clowns bidding against each other on a 16mm spool, it went for around £95.00 (relisted). If I am selling any films now, if I think I have encountered a muppet I will cancel their bid and block them from future bidding, it's scary that these idiots are walking amongst us all

Del Phillipson

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 am

So Did you used to collect 16mm also Del?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 am | Top

#30 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am

No mate, the 16mm spools came with some other super 8 spools I'd bought, no use to me so I sold em.

Del Phillipson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Help needed from ALL forum members

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor