Gladiator Scope stereo, 2 x 400ft onto 1 x 400

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:18 pm

As we all know Derann did two extracts from this excellent film.
Battle for Germania which i saw at an Ealing convention not long after it was released. I had to get it, a few months later it was on Paul Fosters list for £25, i snapped it up and thought it was the bees knees, at the time it was bang up to date. There were a few black lines to right. roll on a few years later i assumed all hopes of getting the coliseum excerpt second hand were out of the question. One did come up for £25 and i soon joined them up, a little surprised that they fit so easily onto a single 400ft spool though but never the less its a great action packed reel & we do get glimpses of two great actors who were never to appear in any more films, Richard Harris and Oliver Reed. Well, roll on another few years and another Germania excerpt came up for sale for £20 so i snapped it up and this one had no marks what so ever so i sold the other one i had. (wish i hung onto it now). No point in trying to take these as a cut down of the film as they are both long extracts but any normal audience will love this action packed reel.
The colours as always are nice and rich and the sound is very good. If you dont have these i would certainly recommend them, and both titles stand alone very well as supporting material for any show you may do.They certainly get any audience in the mood for more & they are Scope winners. Such a pity there was no more to follow.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Paul Browning
Stuart Bowling sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 11.16.2016 | Top

RE: Gladiator Scope stereo, 2 x 400ft onto 1 x 400

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Superb screenshots once again there Tom. These extracts are superb on our projectors and really showcase the gauge to the full. I love em both! 😊

Great artwork also btw mate! Love it.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Stuart Reid , Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Saw this at Ealing recently and thought it looked a bit washed out compared to the other 'scope clips on show. Is it a deliberate 'look' by the film-makers or a result of the master used?

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:46 pm

I'd say your first thought Stuart to be honest.
It's atmospheric, but then so is the Blu Ray.
Plenty of haze and earthy effects.
Neither are laiden in colour. But what they lack on the colour palette, they more than make up in the action and drama stakes! 😊

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:47 pm | Top

#5 by Robert Crewdson , Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 am

Looks great to me.

Tom Photiou likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#6 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 am

It is a great action packed reel robert. Good prints to and the frame lines focus are the same on our prints.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster
Goldeneye Promo. Tina Turner/ Inner Space Trailer.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor