Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster

#1 by Bill Phelps , Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:05 am

Ken issued 2 200' silent B&W digests from this film that originally came out in 1964. One is titled Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster and the other is Ghidrah Battles. These digests were made from scope version of the film so a scope lens is needed for proper viewing.

The story is a princess is saved from assassination by martians who then becomes a prophet on earth warning about the coming destruction of earth by...King Ghidrah. Then while Godzilla and Rodan are causing havoc and fighting with each other, Mothra shows up and convinces the 3 of them to fight against Ghidrah to save the earth.

These digests wipe all the human subplots and its non stop monster battles and destruction! I have had extra copies of these for a couple years and just edited them together today. The Three-Headed Monster 200' has light contrast compared with the Battles 200' that is darker and the better of the two. I will have to keep my eye out for a version of THM that has darker contrast to possibly replace the lighter version that I have. Then this edit would be superb. This one plays fine and it looked great up on the scope screen. I even blew a bulb while I was moving the masking to set up for the scope screening. I'm going to leave the scope set up for a while.

The frame lines matched up fine and no sound to worry about. It would cool to have this striped and sound recorded. So here are some screenshots

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Robert Crewdson, Martin Dew, Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou

Bill Phelps
Date registered 05.22.2018
home: Massillon Ohio USA
ThankYou 54

Last edited 01.24.2021 | Top

RE: Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster

#2 by Greg Perry , Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:32 am

Bill,

I have not seen a B&W film in scope before....really appropriate for the battles between these giant monsters! Thanks for taking the time to share these pics....

Robert Crewdson likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Robert Crewdson , Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 pm

I have not seen a 200ft digest in scope before

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#4 by Bill Phelps , Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:25 pm

In addition to these two digests there are two more 200' digests I have that are scope....

Godzilla vs the Thing (Mothra) from Ken in silent B&W only
First Men in the Moon from Columbia....more of a extended promo but has scenes from the film...this was available in color or B&W, silent and sound

I honestly think these 4 digests were not done in scope on purpose but by mistake...they must have only had scope originals to work with, but this is my guess.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Robert Crewdson

Bill Phelps
Date registered 05.22.2018
home: Massillon Ohio USA
ThankYou 54

Getting Straight. 400ft colour sound.
Gladiator Scope stereo, 2 x 400ft onto 1 x 400

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor