RE: E Bay prints

#51 by Tim Hartnell ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:19 am

Thanks guys.I am quite shocked to be honest that it went as high as it did considering the condition.I also never jump for joy straight away though as the buyer could watch it then decide once watched he is not happy with it.Even though I was fully honest with the condition etc I always feel that its a waiting game with ebay with items sold until I have received positive feedback.Hopefully it all goes through smoothly and if it does its champagne all around for xmas instead of snowballs :)

Tim Hartnell

#52 by Paul Browning , Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:14 am

Its getting up there with star wars prints in terms of high hundreds Tim, like you say though it ain't over till the fat man sings, and I hope in your case its "money money money ".

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#53 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:28 am

well as far as I'm concerned Tim, you've certainly described it in detail and you have been totally honest, so unless they claim it didn't arrive (which at this value, surely the item would go out recorded delivery), then there is little reason they could have TO return the film.

I'd say you should already be able to put the Champagne on ice!! 😂😂

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 am | Top

#54 by Stuart Bowling , Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Yes I got caught on one which was part of a 200 film collection put on eBay by an auction house. They had Bullitt a classic and I placed my max bid on it and let it ride. a day after I placed my bid they actually posted a pic of the print and its turned and was somewhat shocked given I had placed a $350 max and have to retract my bid. I sent the seller a note to get clarification but despite it being pink its already up to $350 today with 2 days left... This seller also had several Disney titles, Robin Hood, Cinderella,Jungle Book etc but looks like some of those had turned also.

Bummer,

Stuart

Stuart Bowling
Date registered 07.30.2016
home: San Francisco Bay

#55 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:04 am

Around these prices in 16mm, they all always have Stuart.

Prices start at £500 -600 for complete Disney titles on LPP or IB Tech from what I have witnessed.
Some go for much much more depending on described condition.

Occasionally, I have seen the odd one listed for fixed prices on the forums for occasionally a little less than the start price above, but then not always knowing entirely the condition throughout based on a limited description.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10 am | Top

#56 by David Weston , Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks for the warning. The stuff I get from ebay comes from suppliers that I have dealt with many times in the past. I then have a reasonable idea of what to expect.
David.

David Weston  
David Weston
Date registered 01.30.2017
ThankYou 2

Abbott & Costello meets Frankenstein
Replacing a broken elevation foot...Eiki (Elf) NT-0

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor