Christmas trailers no3

#1 by Mark Mander , Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:55 am

Watched this last night and very enjoyable, the Nativity trailer is a bit over exposed so not as good as the others which I think should have been mentioned bearing in mind the cost but overall very good,Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

RE: Christmas trailers no3

#2 by Graham Sinden , Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:47 am

I have this and love it.

I too thought the Nativity trailer was overexposed BUT BUT the trailer on Youtube looks the same so it may have been filmed like that.

Nativity Trailer

All in all a great reel that I have watched many times.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#3 by Mark Mander , Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 am

It was a gift from the wife Graham so very pleased to receive it otherwise I probably wouldn't have got it, the price is the main reason for this but nice to have it in the collection, I'll look at the Nativity trailer on youtube and compare, if it is the same then I'll need to change the description as that would be unfair to point out on the reel,Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#4 by Mark Mander , Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:59 am

No,it's definitely over exposed Graham, that trailer looks fine, my reel looks bright as in my pics,Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#5 by Graham Sinden , Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:27 am

Well I do find the Youtube trailer a bit light in some scenes like this. If you compare it to the trailers of Nativity 2 and 3 this first one has a lighter look to it. Maybe it's a tad overexposed on the reel but only a tad, IMO.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
ThankYou 45

#6 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:04 pm

It is way ovwr exposed on mine as well as i have heard from others who have it. My guess is that is was taken off a poor youtube file, this wouldnt happen if it were from a disc.
Fortunatly, the other three trailers are very good and make up dor the odd one out.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 12.29.2023 | Top

#7 by Graham Sinden , Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:30 pm

I believe it may have come from 35mm as all the 35mm trailers for all these Xmas reels we're put on Ebay a few months ago.

I agree it does look over exposed, just merely pointing out it may have been shot that way with a high contrast look. I don't have the DVD to compare the trailer on that, only what I find online.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
ThankYou 45

#8 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:17 pm

Fair comment but I can confirm it wasn't shot like that, it's the same as any other movie.
While Nativity is a Christmas film, It's one I try to avoid, unfortunately for me the Mrs does like it, so I have to duck and dive when it's on, a good time for me to watch some cine .

If the Nativity trailer was from a 35mm print, Andec did a very poor job, it has a dupe look to it, however, the other three on the reel are very good, especially Christmas vacation which is one of my favourites.

Too many of the modern day Christmas films appear to make people feel down, always a sad story while the classics from earlier decades, (along with a couple of newer ones like Fred Clause, bad Santa and Elf, Polar Express), are fun make you laugh.

Graham, while your looking in, as no one else seems to want to answer, do you know if there is a reason why No 4 is so much cheaper in the states?

Graham Sinden likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 12.29.2023 | Top

#9 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:44 pm

Mark,A very nice Christmas present I’m sure you will enjoy this reel on numerous occasions.
Always so much nicer when it’s a gift.Enjoy.👍

Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#10 by Graham Sinden , Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:10 pm

Tom,

Fair comments there also. Despite it being a bit light I still like looking at it. It's a great way to finish the reel and is growing on me with the music. I still haven't watched the feature of Nativity yet (despite recording it last year). If it wasn't for this trailer reel I wouldn't be interested as like you it's not one I would have put on my list of must see Christmas films .

You're not the only one who comments about modern Christmas films. I've read it recently that we, Hollywood and the UK, seem to have forgotten how to make joyful Christmas films like we did a decade ago or more. Hits like Deck That Halls, Elf, Xmax Vacation, Santa Clause, Muppet Christmas Carol, Home Alone, The Grinch etc. The list goes on but today we seemed to have stopped making them. I do however like Last Christmas (2019) and this is on Xmas Trailers #4 which I have and is a fantastic print (must do a review soon) but Last Christmas does have some sad moments.

I will answer your last point on the appropriate thread.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
ThankYou 45

#11 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:44 pm

Thank you Graham, hopefully your reply will make things clear, a bit odd why those who releases them havnt come on to comment or explain, we all get there is a pound Vs dollar/euro thing but that would not make a difference to the amounts they are, certainly not the BIN prices 60 quid more than the normal price.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Goldfinger feature
A Christmas mix

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor