Red Hot Riding Hood, Tex Avery Cartoon, 200ft Colour Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:22 pm

Classed as one of the top 50 best ever cartoons by members of the animation field, a very funny Tex Avery cartoon on the 8mm gauge.
Released on super 8 by Derann film services, this print is on low fade polyester stock so the colours jump right out of the screen, the image is sharp and the sound very good.
My own print is good but during the last few feet there appears to be a snowing effect, i dont know if they were all like this or if this may have been a white box special, either way, its great fun and the likes of which you wont see on the TV again.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 01.16.2023 | Top

RE: Red Hot Riding Hood, Tex Avery Cartoon, 200ft Colour Sound

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:37 am

Great sooooooooo politically correct

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#3 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:31 pm

it is exactly that, but at a time when you didn't even think about it, you just laughed at the visual gags. The read up on the censors regarding this title on wiki is quite a read. Somewhere there must be a full uncensored version. Here is an extract from the paragraph,

"This ending, (read the wiki for the item this relates to), deleted for reasons of implied bestiality and how it made light of marriage (something that was considered taboo by the Hays Office's Production Code), was replaced with one (that has also been edited, but only on television) where The Wolf is back at the nightclub and tells the audience he is through with chasing women, and if he ever even looks at a woman again, he will kill himself. When Red soon appears onstage to perform again, the Wolf takes out two pistols and blasts himself in the head. The Wolf then drops dead, but his ghost appears and begins to howl and whistle at Red same as before".

When you read nonsense like this you have to question the weird mind of the adults who implemented this. I cant think if any child watching this who would even think like this.
I think if i screened this at a University or school all the kids would faint!!

Defiantly one of Tex Avery's best. Thanks to Derann we can still enjoy these cartoons as they were intended.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#4 by Graham Sinden , Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:45 pm

This is another one of the cartoons I still want but every time it comes up on Ebay, I get outbid at the last minute or worse still I leave it until the last few minutes but then forget to bid and it goes for a reasonable price . Pity I didn't buy this brand new from Derann when I could have got it for £27.99 . There does seem to be plenty of copies around for this one though.

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

Last edited 01.20.2023 | Top

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:28 am

I would like to compare it to another copy just to see if that last few feet are marked on all copies or if it's just this one.
Jim Carey in the mask does a good version of this when he's watching Cameron Diaz dancing, it's clear to see where that idea came from.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

Last edited 01.21.2023 | Top

A Night at the Opera 1 x 800ft
The Cuckoo Clock, Tex Avery cartoon, 200ft colour sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor