Derann Ad reel 17

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:24 am

Having been reading a recent thread regarding these advert reels and how much they seem to get when sold on ebay, it put me in the mood to catch up with own collection of these.

Here is Derann ad reel 17. Many of the early reels show signs of fade, for my own collection i have been lucky, they are on low fade stock with the exception of one, this one is LPP polyester, the print is clean with only a slight line at the very start for just a few seconds, colours are very vibrant and the sound very good.
This reel opens with the Faber screen advertising logo, this is one i never recall seeing myself in the cinemas.
The first advert is for Heineken beer with a spoof on one million years BC and 50s sci fi B movies, Then is a Duracell batteries ad with the hard working bunnies in the gym. After this ad, a BFCC X certificate pops on for an extended Silk cut cigarette advert, a high budget excellent spoof on The great escape. Very funny this advert is, but it never did match the silk cut advert which spoofed Zulu, that one is a classic and is on ad reel 10. Next up is a 501 Jeans ad, then Leslie Nielson, this is a different ad to the one on ad reel 12. Last is an ad for Simoniz diamond polish, the model on the bonnet who keeps sliding off after many takes, if i remember correctly this ad is also on the Beer fags ands women ad reel already reviewed on here, link below the images from this reel, this reel then concludes with the Faber ending.

Beer Fags and Women

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Martin Dew, Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Derann ad reel 16
Derann Ad reel 17

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor