So you want a Model Railroad?

#1 by Greg Perry , Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:41 pm

On Super 8 from Classic Home Cinema. B&W on color film stock. This is a 1955 Warner Brothers comedy short starring George O'Hanlon as Joe McDoakes.
From 1942 to 1956 over 60 of these Joe McDoake's shorts were produced. These shorts were all about the misadventures of Joe, an ordinary guy who always ended up behind the proverbial "eight-ball".
This one features an uncredited performance by Arthur Q. Bryan as the radio show host, "Mr. Angry". Arthur Quirk Bryan did the early Elmer Fudd voices in the 1950 cartoons. The star of these shorts, George O' Hanlon was also the voice of George Jetson in the
1960's cartoon series.

In this one, Joe's nephew, Junior, receives a model train set for Christmas. Joe quickly claims it for himself and "RR fever" sets in. Bigger and grander layouts eventually take over the house, much to the displeasure of his wife. The last straw is when dinner with the mother-in-law is served by model rail car, and the 'gravy train' loses it load. In search of some solution, Mrs. McDoakes visits a radio talk show "problem solver"...

Here is a link to a youtube version (not my print)....quality a bit rough, but worth a watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t475_VGa7EE

A few pics here from my print (print is better than these crummy pics indicate)...

The following members like this: Don Cunningham, Eivind Mork, Tom Photiou and Martin Dew

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: So you want a Model Railroad?

#2 by Tom Photiou , Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:21 pm

All the years i had a model railway and never in 20 years did i put it together. I could have done with this guys help
Unusual reel Greg, never seen this before.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: So you want a Model Railroad?

#3 by Greg Perry , Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:12 am

It looks like it could be the type of hobby that really draws you in with no end in sight....maybe a little like film collecting?

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

VFM trailer Reel 6 Scope Mclintock.The/The War Wagon
The Flight of Apollo 17...Vitachrome??

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor