VFM trailer Reel 6 Scope Mclintock.The/The War Wagon

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:31 pm

A very good little trailer reel released by Barry at Independent 8 and in its original box with no splices, VFM (value for money) trailer reel 6, John Wayne scope trailers to,

McClintock and the War wagon. Two full length trailers to these classic old JW westerns. Pleased to say this reel really is like new, not a mark on it, very sharp image, bright clear and with very good vibrant colours. Sound is also very good. I've not seen this reel before but i do remember it being released many years ago now. Supplied on 200ft spool with around 120ft of film. These screenshots have obviously been taken without the scope lens fitted.

The following members like this: Don Cunningham, Greg Perry and Paul Browning

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 02.15.2022 | Top

RE: VFM trailer Reel 6 Scope Mclintock.The/The War Wagon

#2 by Greg Perry , Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:16 am

Super colors there Tom! How nice to come across such a clean print like that nowadays. I would be interested in seeing the box cover, with the "VFM". It would be nice to post it on Super8database too, if that is ok with you.

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Barry Attwood , Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:38 am

Dear Tom,

I'm glad you liked this reel, you know it was strange at the time shen I was releasing a few films, people were ringing me up and telling me that the colour and sound was much better than Derann's, guess who did them for me? It always made Derek laugh, I think it came down to the masters used in the end, and I seemed to get hold of some good ones!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

#4 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:29 pm

Thanks Greg, I will upload the box later, it isn't anything spectacular as these were produced at a time that most releases from all dealers, were simple labels paper label's with print.
Not putting too much into the boxes was, (i assume) to help keep costs lower.

Barry, i am very pleased with this reel and the cartoon which i will review a little later.
I do remember these VFM reels and i see this one is number six. Do you, or anyone else looking in here recall what trailers were on what number reels and many there were in total?

Were the VFM reels all your releases or did other dealers do some as well?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#5 by Barry Attwood , Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:48 am

Tom,

I'll have to think about that for a while, I remember doing one reel with "Mission Impossible" - "Eraser" & "Total Recall" (not sure what number that was though!), that sold very well!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

#6 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Barry, that was one i saw for sale recently, i do have the total recall trailer so i guess that was one off that release reel and it was split down and sold separately.
I will look out for some of VFM reels.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 02.17.2022 | Top

The Hunted. 400ft Colour sound 18FPS
So you want a Model Railroad?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor