Trailer reels, Jim Carrey / Schwarzenegger

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:26 pm

These days i no longer clip trailers to the stat of features or other films. Instead i enjoy a few trailer reels, so what i did recently was to free up a little bit of space and reduce numbers of spools by making up a few 200ft reels.
One reel is my Jim Carrey reel comprising of The Mask, Ace Ventura 2 When nature calls and The Truman show. All three titles have fantastic print quality with pin sharp crystal clear images. The colour on all three is superb, (as most of the trailers appear to be from this era of Derann) and the sound is also excellent.

The second of my 200ft trailers is my Arnold Schwarzenegger reel. This one comprises of the excellent True Lies trailer, Total recall and Predator. The first two again, are of great quality, pin sharp, great colours and sound, Predator however, while good, is a tad dark. I know the feature of this film, (a title i would love to get hold of) was considered one of the very best quality super 8 features to ever be released. I remember the official review from Keith Wilton very well, he also agreed to it being Deranns best. I was stupid enough not to buy it new when i could have!!!!
Having said that, the trailer is still very good, colours are very good, image is sharp and sound is very good, as i said, just a tad on the dark side.

Here follows a few images from each title on the two reels.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Greg Perry and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Trailer reels, Jim Carrey / Schwarzenegger

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:01 pm

Nice couple of trailer eels there Tom,personally I am not a great one for Jim Carrey much prefer Arnie.I guess a 200 reel of Jim would be enough for me .
Wouldn't mind Total Recall or True Lies as a feature on any format.As you say certainly all look good clear sharp prints,very nice.

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:56 pm

Cheers Gwyn, i think Jim Carrey is one of those actors you either like or loath, there's no middle for his style of eccentric silly comedy. I think he was ideal for the part of the Mask. One of his better films was Me Myself and Irene, that was funny.
I also prefer the Arnie movies, always full of action Arnie style. True Lies was a great film, i think James Cameron wanted to give James Bond a run for his money.
I would have like the abridged release but at the time i was building up on 16mm films.
The Ace Ventura 2 trailer here was released by Barry @ Indi 8 films, it seems to be a very rare one.
I'm looking at all the other trailers i have now to decide if i should do reels for the 80s, 90s and 2000s.Watch this space for my next batch. As always, these images dont show the true vivid colours you see on screen.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 07.29.2021 | Top

#4 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:16 am

Tom,

You're right about "Ace Ventura 2 - When Nature Calls", I tink I only ever did about 20-30 prints, it just did not sell at the time, so you are right it's a 'reel' rarity now!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

Scope Trailer reel, Action/Drama
The Fog feature

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor