Scope Trailer reel, Action/Drama

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:07 pm

Tonight i viewed a short trailer reel i put together as action and Drama film,
Titanic, Crimson Tide and Patriot games,
Titanic i already had as a 4:3 letterboxed version, but open up the screen fully for this scope version and what a difference. The content is identical to the flat version but the scope makes a big difference. Crimson tide with Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington is a fast paced thriller directed by Tony Scott and Patriot Games is an action thriller based on the novel by Tom Clancy.
All three trailers have excellent sharp image, great colours and very good sound.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Greg Perry, Mark Mander and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Scope Trailer reel, Action/Drama

#2 by Greg Perry , Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:35 am

Tom,
Did Derann issue the Patriot Games trailer or someone else? I really like that movie--lots of tense action scenes. It appears to be available on 16mm at least. Has anyone heard of a Super 8 print available?

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:32 am

I dont think it's on super 8 other than the trailer. I didn't see it on any Derann list Greg, possibly a CHC release or maybe an import? Quality is very good though.

Greg Perry sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#4 by Greg Perry , Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:12 pm

I do the like the idea of these trailer compilation reels. I have put together one in both Super 8 and 16mm of a half-dozen or so James Bond trailers (different trailers for each gauge). For me, it provides a quick film "fix" when time is short or it is too late to view a feature. I will post some pics next time I screen either...

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:27 pm

With trailers in the past, i always joined them onto either feature films, or made up shows with an reel of trailers, ads and an abridged version of a film, especially my collection of the marketing 3 x 400ft films. These always fitted well onto an 800ft reel and a trailer joined at the start was always a winner, the problem now is that the image quality of the trailers has way outlasted most of the marketing mini features. Starting off with a great colour action trailer, only to go into a red hue marketing film feels like a sudden let down, especially the later marketing titles with those crappy letraset titles.
As Greg said, a 200ft reel with three trailers is also a very good film fix if you only have ten or twenty minutes to spare. I have also a few to sell on in order to get new decent colour titles. My ad reels will stay as they are, and i know somewhere joined at the start of one my films is a few old adverts from my early days of collecting, namely the Dick Emery ad and i'm buggered if i can remember what i joined it to.
More trailer reels to follow.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#6 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:35 pm

Actually "Patriot Games" was released on a trailer reel by CEC (my old mate, the late Gary Watson), there were 3 trailers on the reel, one was a sci-fi trailer to "Freejack" with Mick Jagger in a role, the other trailer I think was the Clint Eastwood film "in the line of Fire".

Greg Perry sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

#7 by Mark Mander , Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:42 pm

I have a lot of trailers, over 60 400ft reels, I often run a reel for a film fix, normally picked at random so I don't know what's on them until projected, it normally leads onto other films too, Mark

Greg Perry likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#8 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:06 pm

Thanks Barry, i didn't know that, so ive been diddled out of two trailers I'm guessing this one is another rare one. It's surprising what trailers are out there.
Mark, how many

Mark Mander likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#9 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:33 am

Tom,

Yes it's a rare one, I think CEC only sold about 30-40 trailer reels of these titles.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

Trailer: Casablanca
Trailer reels, Jim Carrey / Schwarzenegger

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor