Repair a lens

#1 by David Skillern , Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:48 pm

Is there anyone on here that can repair a lens for my Fumeo 9119 - its a vario cinelux MC 8 1,1/11/30 Isco-optic - basically I went to screen a film yesterday after not using the projector for a while and the zoom slipped out of alignment and when I removed the lens from the barrell - the internal parts were very loose.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

RE: Repair a lens

#2 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Sorry Dave, not me, i have taken apart of couple of my own Elmo lens's and the Bauer lens, but the risk of damaging anything would prevent me having a go.

It seems almost dead on here again a present time but i hope someone can help you.

David Skillern sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Martin Dew , Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:47 pm

That's interesting because I want to get my Schneider 1.1 and B&H Kowa 2x lenses cleaned soon.

I recently contacted my friend Brenton of BBC Repair Shop fame and he referred me to a chap called Richard (who no longer does the work). He in turn referred me to Don Clark Camera Repairs in Glos. Web address is https://www.dccr.co.uk/

If you decide to go that route, let me know. I've just requested a cleaning quote from them.

Tom, I think the forum is a little quiet simply because we get our projectors out less during the summer months. I tend to ramp up again in the autumn although it's a pity there are no shows planned this season other than Blackpool.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Tom Photiou
David Skillern sais Thank You!

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#4 by David Skillern , Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Thank you both for the advice - and Martin I will contact Don Clark in Glos - but just to let you both know - i have just had another go at putting the lens back together and the problem appeared to be the slide connectors on the barrell - so i carefully tried to put them back into place and low and behold - so far it has worked !!! I have spoken to Phi Sheard and there is no harm getting another lens for my Fumeo just in case and I will send this lens to be checked as I do feel that it is a temporary measure - but at least I can screen a film at the moment with a sizeable image.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Martin Dew and Tom Photiou
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#5 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 pm

I dont think this will be any use to you David, but i had a go at my old Bauer 1:1 Schneider lens when the internal clips broke. After this repair it did have ever such a slight mis focus to the far right, if i focused that side then the rest was out. I was able to get a 1:2 lens as a spare so i took this one apart again and cut two pieces of masking tape just to fit on the end of the lug to give that side that was obviously slightly out of alignment, two pieces was enough thickness to even the lug and it now seems to be fine.
This was the original problem, the only thing i could do was to try and glue those lugs back together.

Schneider Xenovaron 1:1. Internal clips broken

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#6 by Eivind Mork , Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:24 am

This is an interesting topic! I have a scope lens that shows signs of a small fungus problem. It is not terrible, but a bit frustrating nontheless.I have been wise enough not to try to do something myself. I am sure that would have been a disaster! I guess a repair will not be cheap if you can find someone.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Which year is this Columbia catalog from?
STAR WARS DILEMMA

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 3
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor