Schneider Xenovaron 1:1. Internal clips broken

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:57 am

Thought i'd share this with you all,
My T610 Bauer has the fantastic Schneider Xenovaron 1:1 lens. Great image, bright and sharp. I noticed when i zoomed it that there was a crunchie feel to it. When i put a trailer on to start a show last night the focus was just all over the shop, the image was like a fun mirror. Upon removal and looking down the barrel i could see there was something broken off and sitting right in the middle of the lens, (first two images).
This morning i unscrewed the rear section as it was of no use as it is. It took me a bit of fumbling to work out which item came apart as there are no obvious screw rings like the Elmo len's.
One apart i could see the culprit. Two of the three plastic retaining pieces for the zoom section in the centre had broken off leaving only one left. One i removed the two broken pices off the glass with plastic tweezers i used a cotton bud with some silicone spray to lubricate the last working groove/clip and cleaned the inside of the barrel followed by all the glass.
Its all back together now and will function fine as long as its just left in the projector on the zoom setting required.
This should do me now until i find another spare.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Schneider Xenovaron 1:1. Internal clips broken

#2 by Mark Norton , Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:21 pm

I would give that another go. The same thing happened to mine, I managed glued those clips back in & it's zooming fine now.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Norton  
Mark Norton
Date registered 06.10.2020
ThankYou 1

Rare catalogue cover restoration
Restoring original labels

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor