it happened here 1964

#1 by Clyde Miles , Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:15 am

anyone have for sale a 16mm print of kevin brownlow's feature?

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

RE: it happened here 1964

#2 by Ian Partridge , Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:23 pm

There are prints of 'The War Game' that turn up occasionally from USA educational library dispersals. However Brownlows' 'It Happened Here' and 'Winstanley' would be extremely hard to find. Kevin's sister came to watch when we showed Winstanley as he was concerned about having the best possible showing. But the blackout was compromised by a street lamp and a catapult and ball bearing solution was contemplated.

'It Happened Here' was distributed originally with 'Dr Strangelove' and I think it was Paramount and in the Rank catalogue. In 1970 photographer John McFarland lent me his original negs of location filming in Trafalgar Square from which I selected shots and enlarged into photographic poster sized prints for the showing. The graphic nature of the posters plastered round the college caused the projection box to be locked up by revolted, irate, staff who misunderstood the intention of the film. Many years later I gave Kevin the photographic posters which he had never seen and he said that McFarlands' eye for dramatic framing had been better than his own.

Clyde Miles sais Thank You!

Ian Partridge
Date registered 08.18.2015
home: Colchester, Essex. United Kingdom
ThankYou 16

Eiki Ex1500 xenon first run
tony hutchinson

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor