The Small One

#1 by Eivind Mork , Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:46 pm

Super 8, 200', color and sound,

Greg posted about a 16mm full length release a few days ago. My Super 8 copy is the 200' from Derann. It is a good copy with little wear.

I have never seen the full length feature, so I can't say what we miss in this digest, but I think the digest works really well on its own! It is a cute story, although a sad one too. But even my son who is allergic to sad films didn't mind watch this. The end focuses a lot on the mission of the Donkey on its way to Bethlehem, so we kind of forget about how sad it is that the little boy and the donkey won't see each other again.

As a side note; I always try to watch all my Christmas films, but somehow we always have a lot of other plans and I never see them all. But this year I actually did see ALL my Christmas films, and I really enjoyed it! I noticed how different they are from Pluto's Christmas, through The Mole's and the Christmas Tree to The Small One. But I love them all!

The following members like this: Bill Phelps and Greg Perry

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: The Small One

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Beautiful colour, looks like new

Greg Perry likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Eivind Mork , Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:26 pm

It doesn't have much wear at all, and the box is good, so I don't think it has been run many times.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#4 by Bill Phelps , Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:49 pm

That is such a great film... the color on your copy is wonderful...I have the original Disney 200’ in a different box and it has good color but not like yours. You do a great job with your screenshots. You could print them off and make a picture book that tells the whole story perfectly!

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Eivind Mork and Greg Perry
Eivind Mork sais Thank You!

Bill Phelps
Date registered 05.22.2018
home: Massillon Ohio USA
ThankYou 54

Last edited 01.01.2021 | Top

The Sands Of Iwo Jima
Santas Workshop

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor