Santas Workshop

#1 by Eivind Mork , Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:01 pm

Super 8, 200' color and sound.

This cartoon from 1932 needs no introduction. Don Cunningham posted screenshots from his fantastic 16mm print a few days ago. My Super 8 copy is nothing near this. It is very faded with some greens left. It has quite a bit of wear too, especially in the beginning. But it is the best copy I have found so far in full length.

This is also part of A Walt Disney Christmas, a compilation on a 400' which I also own. But I wanted the full version. I thought I had got the full version when I bought it on a 200' a while back, but it turned up to be cut from the 400' compilation from Disney. What a bummer, Then last year this Spanish version turned up. It has the original sound, but Spanish titles at the front. I bought it on eBay from Spain, and google translate gave me indications that this indeed was the full length, but I wasn't sure. But I bought it and was happy to see that this was what I believe is the full length.

My favorite part is where they scare dolls with a spider on a rope on a stick, to get the hair up before curling it with a machine. That and the checkers paint :-)

I hope I get a better copy one day, and then of course The Night Before Christmas too.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 01.01.2021 | Top

The Small One
Pluto's Christmas Tree

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor