RE: Personal issues

#51 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Of course they have at times Vidar, but then so by yourself on one or two occasions and the same goes for anyone else who posts regularly in public.

They may not say as much, but people will always think it.

The difference between myself and many other people, is I would rather confront someone face to face than tickle tackle about a person behind their back as we see in so many instances of in life.

I'd rather that straightforward approach personally, than the latter.

If people then feel they cannot substantiate a response in return, there isn't a lot anyone can do regarding that one unfortunately.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 5:56 pm | Top

#52 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 5:56 pm

If you say I insulted anyone, I am sorry ... I know I have not meant it, as most here, I consider friends. Though some I haven’t gotten to know, sadly.

I am not trying to insult you either, I hoped you see difference in advices and insults. Yes, I am not liking confrontations, which is why I rarely say much about your ways. I do not see all of them either, but get messages about it later.

If you need to be right and have the last word, go ahead, I guess I said mine now

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#53 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 pm

#49 In that case, Andrew, it’s best to step away from or not approach the keyboard if one is tired, agitated, or not in a good mood. That’s just plain common sense. The hobby will be here when you return.

#50 & #52 There is absolutely no need for you to apologize, Vidar — In my relatively short time as a member, I for one have received numerous PMs and emails from members regarding concerns about Andrew’s posts. I post this not to pick on you, Andrew, but you need to understand that you’re operating under your own false narrative. And the members know that. It might be best for you to take a much-needed break from the forum, particularly as evidenced by your posts just today, to sort things out. The forum also needs you to do just that.

Douglas Warren likes this
Douglas Warren and Vidar Olavesen say Thank You!
John Hourigan
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 6:05 pm | Top

#54 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 6:08 pm

John I have no such intentions of taking a break from this forum.
I enjoy it enormously and feel I contribute to it well in every aspect.
This forum can be quiet enough in the times I'm forced away from it without me adding to that dynamic.

I will however take on board your advice of consciously keeping otherwise posted remarks, close to my chest in times of understandable fatigue and resulting impatience.

On that note I'm getting ready for work now so I will continue this conversation tomorrow now where I can dedicate a large chunk of my time to hang ups from people such as yourself John.

Have a good evening here everybody.

Mats Abelli likes this
Douglas Warren does not like this!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 6:18 pm | Top

#55 by Eivind Mork , Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 pm

I was asked why I might not take the forum. It is mostly a question about time. I have been spotty here lately as there has been many things going on in my private life. I would need to use considerably more time on the forum. One thing is the actual time I sit in front of the computer. Another thing is the time I use to think about the forum and what to do. I have had a day like that today. I use time and energy thinking about problems and what to do on the forum, and that make me less present for my son and family. The kid is growing so fast, and it is an important time to be 100% present. Today I have been distant thinking about the forum. Being a moderator you can sometimes step a little to the side. An owner would need to be more present at all times. I am the type that would burn energy on thinking about issues making sure I have done the right thing. Others might doe the job without burning so much energy.

So to why I have been considering saying yes: I would like the forum to be in the spirit of Vidar. I would have considered it his forum still, only acting on his behalf. I wish for a forum where people feel welcome and can write things without being afraid of getting negative responses. I measure a forum a lot on how new people are met, and with that I don't mean just the first welcome post. I like to think about my self that I make well thought through decisions.

But this is not about me so I won't say more about my reasons. It is about making a handover easy for Vidar, and focusing on making the forum a good place to be. There are many things I would have liked to say here, Andrew, but I don't want to make this a public blaming post. But I will publicly express that I am 100% behind Vidar and what he has written here. He has my full support, and I have tried my best to support him through the years, although I probably should have done a lot more.

You have a knowledge about films I will never achieve to get, Andrew. There is no denial in that, but there are another type of knowledge that is more important for an admin, and that is how to make a forum a friendly place to be. As an admin you just can't have bad days in the way that it offends others. I don't like to write things like this in public, but you made it very difficult for me not to say anything with your responses today and I didn't want Vidar to stay in it alone. Now I have said enough. I wish you a very good working day. I wouldn't have survived a 12.5 hour shift, I know, even if I am only 41.

Douglas Warren likes this
Douglas Warren sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#56 by Greg Perry , Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Andrew,

This would be an example of a disrespectful message to another forum member:

"On that note I'm getting ready for work now so I will continue this conversation tomorrow now where I can dedicate a large chunk of my time to hang ups from people such as yourself John."

Can I ask, what does this accomplish? Do you see how your comment there is a "slam" toward John? I think it is pretty obvious to many others here that comments like these are not helpful in any way.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Vidar Olavesen and Douglas Warren
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#57 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 8:33 am

Morning Greg and firstly congratulations on being given the status of the new owner of this forum, you must be delighted even if the circumstances that brought the new appointment about are through very unfortunate circumstances for Vidar.

Well it has been a busy evening here hasn't it!
My tab bar here has never looked so forlorn and minimalistic.

Anyhow having read through these last responses here, both of which filtered through to me after I left for work last night, I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying judging by the response you placed here.

I was simply implying that any hang ups that people wish to discuss with me further about any reply I wrote here could be taken up with myself once I'm back from work, which is now.

Anyhow I suppose none of it matters now as John here and several others are extremely pleased by all accounts at the news of your take over of this forum so none of it matters now.

Anyhow best of luck with it all, not quite sure what to make of the two PMs you sent me given my length of service and commitment to this forum but I'm sure you believe you know best which is all that matters Greg.

It's brilliant news at least that the forum remains an on going concern and that was always the main thing among these troubled times for Vidar.
It's an excellent social platform is this one with a superb easy to use layout and it deserves to be preserved and added to now.

Best of luck with it all.

Ps please can you let me know that whenever I am in attendance here now I am described as 1 Hidden instead of having my name at the bottom just as everyone else does?

"Just like the fans of the invisible man,...We're not really here!" 😁😁

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 8:38 am | Top

#58 by Eivind Mork , Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 am

You are visible to me. Not sure why your user can't see it. Here is a screenshot taken just now.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#59 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 am

I have decided to close this thread; it's probably the last time that I shall ever need to do this. I don't see anything to be gained from talking about recent events, and explaining subsequent actions. The forum is now in new hands, the new owner has made decisions that will not be reversed. It's now best to give our full support to Greg, and get on with talking about the hobby which we all love so much.

Tom Photiou likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
3 hour version of Cleopatra?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor