RE: Personal issues

#26 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Im not a fan of face book unfortunatly. I do have a page but very rarly use it.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#27 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Just find someone that will take over, I rather that than closing it, as I would love to be a member, just not want the decision making problems ... Hope someone steps in, please contact me if you consider it and have questions

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#28 by David Skillern , Sat May 19, 2018 12:46 pm

What kind of time is needed to operate this site ?

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#29 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 12:57 pm

You mean how much you need to do every day? I guess a bit if you are alone, but if you get a few moderators you trust, should not be too much. Just be stronger than myself, I hate taking decisions that is bound to hurt someone, which I really not want

It will at least run until end of month, then the next period needs to be paid (10 Euro a month) ... It can be done free, but will get ads, limited uploads and some more things

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#30 by David Skillern , Sat May 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Thanks Vidar - as i asked you as much in a personal message - at least now the cost is out there for everyone to consider - I for one wouldn't want it to go dark - lets here from others on here ?

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Vidar did you not read what I posted at the very outset of this thread?

I said I will pay for the site and willingly look after it for you as I've said previously when talk of it closing has been hinted before.

This arrangement could last for as little time or as long as it takes for you to decide if you want to play a part in its everyday running or otherwise.

What more would you like or could possibly ask for?

There is no way this site should be allowed to close.

I was simply waiting to hear back from you around me also trying to work a weekend of night shifts, but that hasn't happened so far by private or public messaging.

I can do no more than I have done to offer help with this situation!

That applies to both yourself Vidar and to the entire membership here for those that would like a forum to be able to continue to post upon!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 4:33 pm | Top

#32 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Been in discussion with a couple, so it well might survive

Douglas Warren likes this

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#33 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Brilliant! But what about my own offer?

It appears you may still not have read or answered any of my questions at either the beginning or the very end of this thread so far Vidar.

Without even being in discussion with others , I'd already offered yourself and this forum an opportunity for it to survive so really, there should be no "might" about it hopefully.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 4:10 pm | Top

#34 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Andrew Woodcock

#35 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 4:35 pm

These guys above are looking around this place for answers please,...just like myself and no doubt one half of its entire membership here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 4:36 pm | Top

#36 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Andrew, please quit haranguing Vidar. He’s going through a lot right now, and the forum should be the least of his and the members’ concerns right now. Let’s be respectful of the situation.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
John Hourigan

#37 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 4:41 pm

All I can say, I think your downs are making it difficult for me to give it to you, Andrew. As I said to you before, people are feeling offended and attacked by you, but as last time, you refuse to see it. I did not see your offer, you tend to write long responses and my eyes floats in all this text with the tunnel vision. Wish you could see yourself from where I, and from the messages I got, sit. You are clearly knowledgeable, but seem to have a chip on your shoulder with several people here. I suspect you won’t agree, but when this many people leave and it is because of you, you should consider taking the advice given last we had this troubles. Many feel disrespected by you and you are quite clever in disguising the insults

Sorry, wish it was different, but will it ever be?

Douglas Warren sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#38 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 4:46 pm

I am not harnessing anybody John, least of all Vidar.

This is a very simple decision to provide an answer to given the forums predicament.

Vidar has now had now had time to read and deliberate all what has been put to him, so I'd expect these answers to take precedence over replying to some newcomer asking about a possible DVD release of Cleopatra.

I think given my long standing input, support, commitment and loyalty towards this forum,. That's a minimum expectation personally.

The sooner things are tidied up here with Vidar's external interests right now, the sooner he can pledge his 100% attentions onto the things that really matter in his life right now by all accounts.

Andrew Woodcock

#39 by Eivind Mork , Sat May 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Andrew: Giving away the forum is anything but a simple decision. Please show some respect and give Vidar the time to decide what to do. Your comment about giving priority to reply to a newcomer shows just why someone else should take over. You are very knowledgeable, way more than I will ever be. You knowledge here is gold, but running a forum is more about making a nice place where people feel welcome and want to participate at any level. Showing interest to a newcomer in a difficult time is just what I like to see from someone with responsibility. What this forum sorely need is a friendly atmosphere where people can write without getting comments with negative undertones. Let just give Vidar all the time he needs to make a good handover to someone. THAT is what this forum needs, not a hastily handover to someone badly wanting it.

Douglas Warren and Vidar Olavesen say Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#40 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Well here is the thing Vidar,...

You are not exactly inundated with people willing and able to commit to continuing this forum are you?

While I may visit often enough and write here often enough for reams of people here to form an opinion of me, the sad truth is this forum could quite just as easily be offered to somebody who hardly ever inputs towards it and who hardly anybody knows anything about that person, their motivations, their way of thinking or their ability to run or commit to the long term well being of a social platform such as this .

Look upon it another way, have you or anyone other administrator here ever bothered to think that there may be a quite a few out there who equally don't relate to their personalities?
Maybe we'd have a few more here if that was also the case.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is all of that is fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
We know all too well one mans Johnathon Ross is another man's television turn off.

All that ultimately matters is you and your family get the privacy and solace to work through your personal issues without the distraction of this place ringing in your head and members get to continue to look in and post here when they want just as they always have been able to in all of the time I've been here and just like the majority have continued to do so in all of the time I've been here.

If the deciding factor is it was based on charm and likability of the owner then nobody would currently be a Chelsea supporter and from what you are suggesting here Vidar,..nobody would still be here.

Think carefully about your options here please Vidar.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 pm | Top

#41 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:01 pm

You run it then Eivind and the rest can remain as is.

I don't care less who wears the crown, just so long as the membership can remain here as is, if they so choose and Vidar and the rest of us know where we are heading towards surrounding our futures regarding this lot.

It simply needs a decision making.

Douglas Warren does not like this!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 5:11 pm | Top

#42 by Eivind Mork , Sat May 19, 2018 5:07 pm

We all have the time to wait a few hours to know what happens. It is difficult for Vidar as it is if we are not rushing his decision.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#43 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 5:14 pm

As expected, I am sorry, but you are not always right. Mostly when it comes to film related, sure, you know your stuff. But that many people having a problem with one person, is that sensible to think they are all wrong and you are right? When you hav good days, I like you a lot, but the mood swings (deny all you want, but you got them) is not okay for an admin

I hate confrontation, which is why I want someone strong, level headed and grounded to take it over. My first choice was Eivind, because I trust him, he is all what is needed. But, timewise, it might be difficult for him. He is thinking about it, as is someone else, no name mentioned in case he not want it.

Not sure what most people here think, but feedback appreciated. If I am wrong, I will apologize, but have a feeling it might be right

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#44 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 pm

We await his decision then Eivind, patiently.

Incidentally Eivind, why is it that you wouldn't consider taking the mantel yourself here?

Naturally you'd have to commit to a little more time spent here but otherwise you'd be perfect for the job.
You have great rationale and a good set of skills to serve this forum well.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 pm | Top

#45 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:18 pm

#38, #40, #41 Wow. Your responses are proving our points prescisely, Andrew. This forum isn’t so important to the membership (except apparently you) that decisions have to be made this very second. This is not a life-continuing moment as the narrative you’re putting forth.

Vidar is dealing with personal issues. Period. A decision will be made in its proper time. Period. The forum isn’t the lynchpin of members’ lives. Period.

We all need to be decent human beings here and show empathy to a fellow member who needs our support at this time, not impatience, Andrew.

John Hourigan
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 pm | Top

#46 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Vidar, I think you really are over thinking the situation.

There is no one personality in existence here who would get the entire backing from its membership.
It's life, its the way it is.

Statistically, if what you are saying were half true, there would be nobody left here by now from the length of time I've been an administrator here.

If that is how anyone superseding thinks equally, well we are doomed from the outset in future very very sadly.

Andrew Woodcock

#47 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:24 pm

John I've agreed with you in so much I agreed we will sit patiently until a decision is made by Vidar, in his own good time.

The time isn't the issue, my questions being responded to was all I was seeking among others being answered by Vidar.

Andrew Woodcock

#48 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Not sure if you are saying. Are people not leaving because of you? Then I have loads of messages with lies, is that what you say?

Why do you need to have the last word every time and always claim to be right? If I do something wrong, people tell me, I will try to correct it if possible, but you must be right. You should try finding the reason for your mood swings. You would be a top guy, but your insulting ways are just not okay.

(Knowing what comes next? Perhaps)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#49 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Have you ever worked like a pit pony on rotating 12.5 hr shifts Vidar with an aging anatomy?

If you have, then you'd know exactly how it feels to work shifts and how also tiredness can effect a person's mood, tolerance levels and patience.

That said, overall I think I cope reasonably well for someone my age but it does go part way to answering your question.

It gets harder the older we get Vidar and I am somebody who is never above an apology if I feel I've done someone a disservice regarding my mood.

Just ask my wife! 😁😁

If people felt that continually insulted or abused or ill served by myself, they would write and would have written to me myself occasionally.

99% of all of my pms received here are requesting some help on matters in hand.
All are answered in a courteous manner and I am thanked for my assistance throughout.
I don't get members writing to myself personally calling for my head,... not ever.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 19, 2018 5:51 pm | Top

#50 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Fully understand, though my work was computers, drove around from 8 to midnight on many occasions fixing, installing and carrying equipment. But customers were mostly happy with my work and got lots of positive feedback. Had a couple of unhappy people in my time there. But was tired, but not offending people. Learn when you are too tired, stay away from computer at those times

If no one has been offended by you, I will publicly apologize

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
3 hour version of Cleopatra?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor