RE: Lets dispel the myths once again

#51 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 pm

It's not just me Andrew that doesn't like the cross threading,any threads that are on another forum should stay there no matter of interest to others elsewhere else what's the point being here, as I said I won't comment on such threads as it's too confusing and after all it's only for your needs,you'll have to ask others but I think it's clear it shouldn't continue,Mark

Mark Mander

#52 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Understood thanks Mark.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#53 by David Roberts , Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:03 am

just caught up with all this,and since I have been mentioned right at the start,would just add that I have not the slightest interest in what projector produced those screenshots over on FT. However,they did make me wonder if I should consider digital projection as an addition to my film hobby. Many of my features are not great quality,unsharp and with poor sound,yet the dvd"s and blu rays I have of these same films are sharp,steady and have reasonable sountracks.Also,many of my films are abridged,and the dvd"s are complete.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, David Alligan and Alan Rik
David Roberts  
David Roberts
Date registered 07.24.2017
ThankYou 1

#54 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 pm

David, this is what my point was on FT. I may not have worded it very well though to be fair,
I wont ever be selling off of my films any time soon, but i question, (when i see those images), why i continue to buy films only to be dissapointed with fade or scratches, with super 8s i often off load them for sale after one disappointing viewing. I certainly wouldn't give up my cine in favour of Digital only, but you do have to agree how far that way of showing films has come.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#55 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm

I think more than ever previously in this world Tom, so far as the Super 8mm stuff goes at the very least, it very much seems to me nowadays that bargains are very very few and far between.
You generally only ever get exactly what you pay for at best.
Occasionally even then, spending big, you can be left slightly disappointed or even underwhelmed at times, but it is only at this end of the market in these past few years that nine times from ten, I have found complete satisfaction with my purchases and can feel the money was justly spent

What Vidar accomplished only several weeks ago with Jungle Book, would at one time only a few years previously, had been the norm pretty much.
Nowadays you need all of your lucky charms in your hand and for the timing to go entirely your way now to get prints of this quality at even that price

I had myself a vested interest in both of those titles advertised at exactly the same time period and on a different day,I'd have purchased both of them willingly at £50 more.
All it takes on any given day now, is for one or two others to be of similar mindset and before you know it, the price can be double,..such are the shortages for quality genuine products at times in the marketplace.

I am pleased it eventually was won by Vidar. It's one I had already and one he didn't have already, so he deserves it more anyhow.
So long as films like these go to the people in this hobby who value and treasure such items, I'm more than happy.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 pm | Top

#56 by Martin Dew , Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Being late to the game, I'm really only concentrating on finding a few abridged titles, ads and trailers. I get immense joy from using my PJs and my LPU, but sadly a lot of the films I find are scratched or faded to some degree. If good Derann-era feature films are fetching £300-400, with prices guaranteed to rise, I'm not sure I want to be in that market - seems like diminishing returns. That money can be better spent on upgrading my digital (gosh, did I just use that word?) home cinema.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#57 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

The thing is though Martin, for a similar low fade spec 16mm top title scratch free film, £300 - £400 would seem like a giveaway price, so in that respect, Super 8mm still holds the value card when such titles just happen to appear.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm | Top

#58 by Martin Dew , Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 pm

I wasn't comparing to 16mm, but actually all my 16mm prints have beautiful colour, were titles I particularly wanted, and none was more than £150.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#59 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 pm

You did well then Martin and no, it wasn't aimed at being a comparison per se except to say for many of the titles I have on Agfa or LPP the equivalent 16mm ones are being sold for far far more than £400 in almost all examples of similar condition prints.
I know you can buy low fade excellent features on 16mm for far less than these prices.

Martin Dew likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:16 pm | Top

#60 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 pm

I offered a Superb Derann Pinocchio last year and didn't get any takers,No issues with it £280, I just wanted what I paid back and for someone to enjoy it,I've seen them sell for more but no interest at All, I appreciate it's a fair sum but Vidars Jungle Book has some issue's but still cost £200 so I would consider Pinocchio a bargain,Mark

Martin Dew likes this
Mark Mander

#61 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Still selling Pinocchio?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#62 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:08 pm

I would purchase it from you at that price Mark as I would most other mint Disney Derann feature titles. I don't think it was advertised here was it Mark?

Andrew Woodcock

#63 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Ha Ha, you may just have gone from having no interest at all, to a bidding war Mark!

Andrew Woodcock

#64 by David Roberts , Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Tom,
I think we are at cross purposes here. I was actually agreeing with you over on FT,that the screen shots were very good,and it has made me re-consider digital projection.
I wasn't having a dig at you.

David Roberts  
David Roberts
Date registered 07.24.2017
ThankYou 1

#65 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Still have it at the moment, have a few more to go as well so will have to do a list or eBay link whichever I decide,Mark

Mark Mander

#66 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Dave, bo problem buddy, i know you wernt
Im just badly wording my bits. You hit the nail on the head to what i was trying to say.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

David Roberts sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Blood

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor