User Name changes

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 pm

I have amended 3 of our latest members details here to keep with forum policy ruling.

A warm welcome to Lee & Del who need no introduction here! Also a warm welcome to Phil who so far, I haven't heard back from on here since I suggested he joined here to see some of the technical write up's he is interested in.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 pm | Top

RE: User Name changes

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:14 am

Well done on that Andrew, how is it though, that we all as members go through the "are you human" nonsense, only to have it
usurped by folk who hide, it is not fair on the rest of us, I honestly think if this state of affairs continues, we should all resign
and come back as an alias, just to maintain a level field, I am a man who has always made myself known, never needed to
hide, why do it, I have nothing to be ashamed of, speak as I find, I can't think of when I insulted a member of any forum, so
have no reason to hide behind a non de plume, Vidar's forum is known as the friendly forum, no one on here is hostile, wishes
to know your address or Bank details, or even where you hail from, is a name asking too much? In this age of people on facebook, Twitter
and God alone knows what else, where idiots bare their souls, we have a bunch of pussies that don't want us to know who they are,
well. cancel their memberships, they don't exist. Drastic, not really, they are made up names.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:17 am | Top

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:56 am

We are looking into this right now Hugh and there maybe some news later today hopefully.

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Sorry Lee, but why the cypher, don't you think it odd after all these years to hide behind an alias, obviously my crack has brought forth a response, it did the trick as it were. Are you doing it because you don't want other members on other forums to see you signed up to
quite a good forum? My regards to all the other "cinematographs".

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:35 pm | Top

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:08 pm

I often wonder if I am out of step, but Lee quite happily operates under his real name on other forums, yet needs to use a silly
alias here, is there a hidden agenda? I call a spade a spade, no pissing about, I am a straight shooter, no two faces with me, I like
to know to whom I am conversing , as Lee quite correctly states, its a hobby we all love, so why the secrecy, there is nothing to be
ashamed of being a member on here, so can we pack in the hackneyed "cloak 'n dagger" stuff, it isn't ebay, just a place to air our views,
help one another and just be mates, it is very hard to do that to a cypher. I'm sure the other members agree, but for reason's of their own don't want to get involved, that's fine with me, I'm used to fighting alone, a way of life in fact, but I'm right.If my comments
discourage the "cinematographs" wanting to join, GOOD, real names or go elsewhere, we like real folk on here, not aliases. How can
one insult a cypher?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:27 pm | Top

#6 by Bill Parsons , Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Andrew/Hugh forgetting about any one person, one point I was wondering about, when registering on the forum it says “username nickname on forum” do you think this is confusing for some people using the word nickname, I very nearly slipped up when registering myself, just a thought would like your opinion.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
Date registered 10.07.2015
home: Brookland, Kent, Uk
ThankYou 23

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Very good point Bill, except Cinematograph became a name then reverted back, so down to the individual I'd think. Anyway, it is
not acceptable these aliases, I myself find it cowardly. I don't wish to fall out with anyone, but I prefer names to non de plumes,
what the hell is the problem, it isn't a shameful thing surely to give the name you are known by, fer Christ sake! Let me speak plain
to the "cyphers, you are all tossers to a man, please reply in whatever language is common in cartoonland. Also thankyou Bill, you are
the only one to have replied, thanks again.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:40 pm | Top

#8 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:52 pm

I think I will write and ask the support team if that can be changed. I do seem to remember I was writing Use real names in a text field where registry is being done. But can't find where I did it. If it says Username/Nickname, I understand why people would get confused. Will look into it and try to see if it can be changed

Thanks to all using real names, I think it's more closer to friendship using our real names and that's what I'd like to have ... Many friends (insane ones, since the hobby requires us to be) sharing our passion

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Exactly Vidar, , the insanity rules, but nice to know who the inmates are.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:11 pm

It got me Hugh I signed up as Major Smith

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:15 pm

As it turned out, Major cock up.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Not to you Dave, I hasten to add, but the set up, It will become the norm if not sorted we'll be dealing with allsorts of weirdo's from
Star bloody Wars, the saddoes that gravitate. God help us in our hour of need.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#13 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:21 pm

There are at least ten members who are non de plumes, what is the point, no contributions, just access, cancel their membership.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#14 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Bill you are precisely correct. I pointed this out as a reason for all the confusion we have going on at the moment.

Things will be changing for the better where all these registration issues are concerned. We just need to hear David's opinions on the proposed changes before we go forward with this one.

Andrew Woodcock

#15 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Vidar/ Andrew/ Hugh.... Just go ahead and make whatever changes are deemed necessary in order to get this issue resolved.
I would just like to put this matter to bed once and for all. Yaaaawwwwnnnn !!!!!

David Hardy

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Agreed David , it really ought not to take prime topic of conversation here nor lead to people feeling they are forced into not to being able to participate here sadly.

I guess we will never be able to please all of the people all of the time.

Tomorrow then, we will be taking this matter to the vote so to speak by all of our members here hopefully.

I encourage everyone to participate in a vote and I will even consider non members opinions on this one as it may, perhaps, be the very reason why some don't join up with us here.
Priority of course will ALWAYS be to our existing loyal members as the posters here are the very backbone of the forum.

Without you guys, there would be no forum!

Andrew Woodcock

#17 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm

David, you are admin, it IS a serious matter, surely it is a thing to be looked at, where we have folk of unknown origin
admitted as members, would it be done in one of your golf clubs? A FALSE NAME, I think not, anyone can sign up, leaving some
stupid name, nothing to add, but is an added member, BOLLOCKS! This is serious, people sign in on other forums using real names,
but come on here as "Ghosts", my sense of fair play says NO. real names or go, I am going to make enemies here, but care not a jot,
the facts remain, REAL NAMES PLEASE. I don't think it boring, I find it disturbing, but then again, if you want to have discussions with
unknowns, you can have a great time on toilet walls, they don't give names either.If there is a vote on anything, it should be to named
members only!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:57 pm | Top

#18 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:01 am

Andrew / Hugh ... Yes it is a serious matter indeed.
So yes lets take it to a vote and let the members decide on this.
My vote is " real names only please".

David Hardy

#19 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:03 am

... with a photo !

David Hardy

#20 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:07 am

No David, just a name, which just underlines how you take this problem, it isn't funny, we have a number of people on
here that have access to all, yet we know bugger all of them, I question your aptitude as admin David, it seems lacking to me.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#21 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:09 am

No Hugh I thought it would be great to put a face to the name. Not meant in jest my friend.

David Hardy

#22 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:09 am

David makes a good point, perhaps a photo would be a great idea if the vote goes in favour of real names here.

I don't mind admitting, I am in favour of current policy and have no objection to a photo, though I apologise in advance to our members if that is what is decided as an outcome!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 am | Top

#23 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:15 am

My apologies David, I can be abrasive, but we don't need photos, it is a friendly forum, all we ask is a name, is it too much
to ask, I for one will not be corresponding with some one calling himself "Bronco" or some such, if that is the case, count me out
I will resign, Fuck it, life is tough enough.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#24 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:20 am

Hugh don't worry no offence taken. Photos would be optional anyway.
Hell yes REAL NAMES though I am quite firm on that one. It should be universal and apply
to all members.
I don't like A.K.As and nicknames either.

David Hardy
Last edited Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:21 am | Top

#25 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:24 am

We cannot have you leaving here Hugh. You are far too valuable my friend.

Panic aside, I am predicting....but I honestly don't see anything changing here.

Of course I could be wrong on this but I sincerely hope not!

We have to use democracy, it is truly the ONLY fair way to please the MAJORITY of members.

I don't believe anyone needs to leave whether they pleased or not with the outcome.
We can always choose to not participate with those not submitting a name if we feel strongly enough on this one.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:33 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
SPECTRE

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor