SPECTRE

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:35 pm

I wish to express on my behalf what a HUGE disappointment the latest James Bond movie SPECTRE is for me.
I hope Daniel Craig comes back to do at least one more Bond movie to put things right.
He cannot possibly leave after doing SPECTRE ... That way he will get a chance to vindicate himself .

David Hardy

RE: SPECTRE

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:03 pm

That's sad David, although the last outing left me cold I must admit, the location work was poor at best, just drab scenery,
Japan at night could have been done in studio, a let down on locales. The girls were none too hot either, apart from "M"
being bumped off, the script was tired. I must admit, I just don't accept Daniel Craig as Bond, although a good actor, I still
think that Pierce Brosnan was cruelly robbed of the part, apart from Dame Judi Dench being eliminated, the last film was
a forgettable experience, obviously this latest adventure is no better. My view on the best Bond film, in my humble opinion, is
"The Spy Who Loved Me", no computer effects, a good story, great villain, gorgeous girls and lovely locations, it had it all,
plus the cheeky humour, what's not to like? Maybe its a sign of age.

Clyde Miles likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:07 pm | Top

#3 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 pm

That's a shame. I quite enjoyed this and the last one. However, I must admit I fell asleep in the first two Daniel Craigs...
And you can't disagree just in case my heart won't take it! Teehee.

Jonathan Trevithick

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:30 am

In my opinion Daniel Craig is the BEST BOND ever. I never liked the Roger Moore series that much. Brosnan and Dalton never did it for me.
I liked George Lazenby OHMSS.
Still have a high regard for the original Sean Connery series. FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE is my favourite while I dislike DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and that NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.
However I admire the Connery films in the same way I do for SUPERMAN and BATMAN and FLASH GORDON serials.
I just hope Daniel Craig regains his grit in the next one and that it lives up to the standards of the previous ones in this cycle.
I thought SPECTRE is the poorest of the series for a number of reasons but it is still better than any of the Roger Moore series.

David Hardy
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:54 pm | Top

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Disagree strongly there David, Dalton was tough and ruthless, yet looked good in tuxedo, as was Morgan, Daniel Craig just
looks to me like a thug at a wedding, ill at ease. It would be unfair though to blame him entirely for my disappointment at
his capers as Bond, who was Officer class, you'd be forgiven that in Daniel's interpretation, the scriptwriters must bear a lot of the blame too. On "Spectre", I did read somewhere they had to do a complete re write, so it didn't bode well from the off.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:55 pm | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:56 pm

And there lies the problem, one person's idea of a Bond character is another man's Julian Clary!

Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:05 pm

I get the thug angle there, Hugh. I only really knew Craig from Layer Cake before and he's many miles from Bond in that part.

Jonathan Trevithick

#8 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Connery is Bond with Moore a good second. Then again, not a big fan of the franchise

Mats Abelli likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Here here imho!

Andrew Woodcock

#10 by Mats Abelli , Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:23 pm

In my opinion Sean Connery is the one and only Bond, James Bond. I lost my interest in the Bond films, when he was replaced.

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:37 am

Well, as Andrew wisely said, we all have our preferences, David likes Craig, I personally like them all, with Craig last, but it is
like Dracula or Dr Who, each actor brings something to the part, they all have their interpretations. Maybe mine is coloured by
"Layer Cake" and "Our Friends in the North", a TV gangster series in which Daniel Craig starred, as I have said, a fine actor, but
I am at odds on a Naval Commander, which Roger Moore was alluded to in "The Spy Who Loved Me", where the Capt. of a sub couldn't give orders to in the film, Bond out ranked him! Anyway, we all have our favourites, just as well, otherwise we would all be bidding
on the same films or waiting for the same train. "Vive La differance", as the lads across the Channel say.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:39 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Most expensive trailer?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor