The Oscars Comedy show

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:58 pm

What people will do to get viewing figures back up.
Before this PC trash of a show was aired, the organisers were worries that viewing numbers are now at an all time low, millions less every year. I wonder why?
This year we had a great act between a comedian, those people who tell jokes, usually at other people expense, but never the less they do "jokes".

Reading comments elsewhere i just dont get why anyone would say well done to will smith, i he made himself look a fool, the reason i say this is simple, and i think almost everyone is forgetting this fact, Him and his Mrs are in an open marriage, so therefore, why does he care so much as he's making out to be? If your in an open marriage then all i can say is that neither of them can really have that much respect for one another so why did he give such a darn? It's made all the news, the web and and the papers, what an utter sham if thats all the Oscars had to talk about, personally, he shouldn't have been given the Oscar he got as punishment, having said that, watching him crying after i guess he did deserve it at least Kenneth Branagh got a well deserved Oscar.
I never watch this show any more, i havnt since the mid 90s, Actors trying to preach and most are so far up their own backsides it's become laughable. Ricky Gervais did everyone a favour when he did his last presentation of the show, just watch Tom Hanks's face, another great modern day actor who appears to have lost any sense of humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOb9xHg...nnel=caruthersm

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Greg Perry and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: The Oscars Comedy show

#2 by Don Cunningham , Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:19 pm

I don't care for awards shows for two reasons:

1) They are pushing whatever is relevant
2) There are so many non-commercial pieces that deserve recognition, but don't have the $$$$ to buy into the "academy"

I'm for recognition, but this "big night" has become just a way to push ideals and it has backfired. Go back to playing it over the radio instead.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Greg Perry
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

#3 by Mark Mander , Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:47 pm

I think it was a bit over the top from Will Smith, Chris Rock is a comedian and as seen anything goes, I'm sure if it was another star who was roasted then Will Smith would have been cracking up, let's be clear here, I'm a Will Smith fan but as hes in the public eye your open to jokes and comments, it was a personal comment made about his wife's hair condition of alopecia, it obviously hit a nerve and he bitch slapped Chris Rock, I thought he took the slap well!! Its probably a set up but who knows, Will let himself down but hey its got people talking about the Oscars, maybe for the wrong reasons?? Mark

Greg Perry likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#4 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:21 pm

Exactly Mark, and isn't it odd that he and his Mrs both attended the big piss up party afterwards and through the night they drank and laughed. The way Smith sat there shouting and F,ing at the comedian was also so out of order, or was it? Many people are saying it was an act, i guess we will never know the answer to that one, its the whole thing that he pretends to give a darn about his Mrs yet they have an open marriage where both of them screw other people, so why would you be that sensitive if your happy knowing that you and wife are getting together with various other people. thats why i think its all bollocks.
If you were that upset would you really, seriously go to an all night party straight after?
Personally, letting him have that Oscar sends out the wrong message, it should be withdrawn and he shouldn't be allowed to attend another event like that, it's a shame because i am also a fan but this just goes to show what Hollywood is these days, egotistic wankers.

Paul Browning likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 03.28.2022 | Top

#5 by Mark Mander , Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:52 pm

However you look at it Will Smith will now be remembered for this incident forever, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

Last edited 03.28.2022 | Top

#6 by Tom Photiou , Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:14 am

I just think the whole things a joke and shows the Oscars for what they are these days, i guess he at least has now apologised to the comedian but that doesn't take it back. As i expected, this morning it's taking up all the news on all but one channel, and with whats going on in the world at present time, this tell you everything about this PC country gone wrong.
It doesn't deserve any more TV coverage.
Anyone who has the super 8 prints of either Oscar, the first 50 years or, The Oscars, moments of greatness will be able to compare actors of the past with how actors today are just publicity seeking ego maniacs. The way women, (and some men) pose on the red carpet just makes me laugh, they seem to think they are royalty. They cry and get upset as we see when a joke against them is made, but they are still than than happy to stay in the job and take the millions.
Still, everyone's talking about the Oscars

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#7 by Greg Perry , Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:39 pm

Yep, The Oscars continue to become less and less relevant...I honestly didn't even know that it was on TV until I saw the news the next day about the bitch slap...I would NOT have watched it even if I knew it was on. It really is a joke now.
I agree, it is odd that Will Smith is so defensive about his wife when he is freely is banging other women and presumably so is his wife with other men. And the bitch slap was weak, if he were really upset he would have dropped Chris Rock....

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#8 by Tom Photiou , Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:54 pm

The problem with todays Oscars is that they are presented to tick boxes, as long as certain people from certain backgrounds win something thats all that seems to count, it makes the whole thing unviewable, if it wasn't for this event making the news i wouldn't have even known the Oscars had been done. It's almost as funny as watching ITV adverts here in the UK. I will not go into details as any UK residents reading this will know what i mean. It's all about ticking boxes.
Reading a few of the last replies on the other channel, we can see the PC world seems to be hypnotising some people, honestly some of the crap people talk is beyond me, i wonder why people can no longer have a laugh and just understand what the word JOKE is. Anyone who has seen a roast programme will understand that all Will Smith had to do when he went up was payback with his own jokes against the comedian.

While the guy poked fun at his Mrs i didn't think it was rude or crude, she clearly didn't know how to take a joke, but to lighten things up a bit though, here is a classic roast, Don Rickles roasting Jerry Lewis, no cursing, no toilet humour and no crudeness, above all, everyone in this clip takes a bit of fun, viewing this, it's easy to see how everyone today appears to have lost the will to laugh at some harmless P*** taking,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNWvOKd...nel=JohnWHardin

Saw this comment just now, "Very bold of Mr Smith to stand up for his wife on global TV but it shows love and care for his partner".
I refer you all to Greg's spot on comments. Some people just dont see it do they.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 03.30.2022 | Top

#9 by Martin Dew , Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:05 pm

Yes, absolute rubbish show. How I got through it, I have no idea.

The James Bond section didn't even include Moneypenny or Bernard Lee's M or Desmond Llewellyn's Q. It was as if the editor didn't even know the films. How they thought it was appropriate to tarnish the greatest film of all time, yes, The Godfather with a hip-hop backing track when it has one of the most memorable scores of all time, I'll never know.

I'm all for diversity agenda if it's done respectfully, but Hollywood lays it on with a trowel. Good for them for bringing up women's pay...again. Yawn yawn bloody yawn. Exactly how many African Americans are they planning to patronise with their painfully awkward and biased quota fulfilment? What was Timothy Chalamet doing without a shirt? And, yes, Smith should give his effing Oscar back.

No wonder Putin chose this time to drive his tanks into Europe. After watching Oscars, I'm not sure the human race is worth saving.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Tom Photiou, Mark Mander and Greg Perry
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

Last edited 03.30.2022 | Top

#10 by Tom Photiou , Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:24 pm

Martin, i couldn't have put it better myself.

Martin Dew likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#11 by Mark Mander , Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:09 pm

Bloody Brilliant Martin, Mark

Martin Dew sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander