Fantastic Voyage

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:05 pm

A copy of this Derann scope release recently sold on ebay for £920
We are seeing some nutty prices being paid, (assuming the buyer does pay) but the stand out thing has got to be the total lack of any screenshots and the very vague description, it simply read, "Untested but appears in good condition". How in the world can anyone make that statement without viewing it all the way through? It could have lines, green scratches and / or splices without even thinking of possible damaged film somewhere within those reels.
The seller started the bidding at a very low price of £35 so well done that seller, but you have to question the sanity of the winner, i just hope the guy gets paid and more so, hope it is a good print for the buyers sake.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Fantastic Voyage

#2 by Dave Baker , Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:08 pm

HA ! poor shmucks ! I guess it will be : GRAND FIND or GREAT LOSS !

Tom Photiou likes this

Dave Baker
Date registered 12.25.2021
ThankYou 24

#3 by Mark Mander , Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Yes I saw that, pure madness, total blind buy, I didn't think it would sell anywhere near that total, as its a buyers market then I'm sure it will be fine,Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:59 pm

its certainly a rare title these days.
When it was released there didn't seem to much of a fanfare for it and from what i remember, it didn't seem to be available for a great deal of time.
It's a film i saw a few times on the telly growing up but in scope, i would imagine it would be a good viewing. Unfortunatly, i cant think of any title i would pay that much for.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#5 by Martin Dew , Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:23 am

Yes, the buyer paid a lot. I would never fork out that much for a movie.

But if the buyer really wants it, and he has the money, then it's worth a punt. Remember that sellers have to accept money back returns if a product is defective. Even if sellers state 'no returns', it doesn't hold up. For all of eBay's faults, in my experience, they always side with the buyer.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

The Oscars Comedy show
Why would you keep an out of sync print?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor