Facebook

#1 by Mark Mander , Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:14 pm

Does anyone on here use the Facebook sites for buying or selling films? It seems popular and lots recommend the sites, just curious, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

RE: Facebook

#2 by Greg Perry , Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:42 pm

Mark,

I have a bought a few films from the various FB sites. No problems. I always try and ask for a 24 hour "HOLD", to allow me to get more details on condition, color etc.
I have sold a few on FB as well. But only did so as I knew the general value of the print (less than $100). Ebay fees take such a dent out of the profits, so going direct via FB groups worked for me.
Not sure I would list one on FB for sale if I wasn't sure of the value though, or if it was a high demand title. Ebay seems to pay off in those cases.

Del Phillipson likes this
Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Personally, im not a big fb gan at all. I have looked on the closed cine groups. It looks ok and i think i would be happy to buy as long as i knew the seller has some feedbavk of somekind, or i at least knew the seller from the forums. I know thats not always a gaurantee but it helps.
Selling on ebay is ok but i only sell when they do the 70 or 80% off selling fees. This way the costs are quite low.

Del Phillipson likes this
Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Del Phillipson , Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:44 pm

I sell quite a bit on the Facebook sites, however ebay is the best place to sell but cripes, their fees just go up and up and up and now their stupid import duties has killed off overseas sales altogether

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Laurel and Hardy statues for the movie room....
Vitriolic post

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor