The Wicked Lady

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm

Finally got around to viewing this one having spooled it to one reel a couple of months ago.
Michael Winners film The Wicked Lady,starring Faye Dunaway,Alan Bates,John Gielgud,to name a few.W/s print reasonable colour and good sound.The story revolves around Faye Dunaway marrying the wrong person,running around with all a no sundry,becoming a highway robber,which ends up with infamous whipping scene.Quite a scene even by today’s standards!!
An interesting afternoon’s entertainment.

Pics seem to have loaded in any old order..

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Tom Photiou, Robert Crewdson and Eivind Mork

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: The Wicked Lady

#2 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 20, 2021 9:44 pm

Looks a very nice print, i havnt heard of this one.

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Fri May 21, 2021 8:00 am

I remember seeing this at the cinema, and quite a good film, I think it had the wrong director, Michael Winner by this time, in my opinion, was a going through the motions director, more suited to the Bronson action flicks he usually made. This was made in a time when a lot of British classics were being re-made (The 39 Steps & The Lady Vanishes come to mind), so not an outright bad movie, but with many flaws, but still an enjoyable romp, just for the period it was set in!

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Gwyn Morgan
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri May 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Thank you Barry,as one might seay “a product of its time” but none the less an enjoyable romp😁

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

WRGB-TV: "Introduction to Television"
Kidnapped 1971 Michael Caine.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor