Death in the Sky, Derann 200ft b/w Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Heres an interesting little documentary i bought a month or so ago. I didn't set out to look for it, a good collector friend sent me an image of some films he had bought and i spotted this one in the box. It was sent to me for a very fair price. This one has turned out to be a little gem of film. It simply a potted history of the Airship and includes the final minutes of The Hindenburg's fate.
The print is excellent and sharp and the sound is also very good. Short front and end titles make this a great opener to any b/w shows.
This particular print is in good condition but with a few minor light black lines. A good "B" condition copy.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 09.25.2020 | Top

RE: Death in the Sky, Derann 200ft b/w Sound

#2 by Greg Perry , Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:50 pm

Tom,

This looks very interesting, as I have always been fascinated by airships. I have one called "Day of the Dirigibles": https://super8database.com/films/3134.

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Death in the Sky, Derann 200ft b/w Sound

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:21 am

I have to be embarrassed to say that aside the Hindenburg i knew nothing about air ships. What this 10 minute documentary has done for me is to turn that around. It pretty much covers all the types of airships that were built and shows the sheer size and scale of the biggest as well as the sad last images of a few that went down in the oceans and land. As it happens, the Hindenburg only covers a very short piece right at the end, the majority of this reel is 100% history of airships from their beginnings to their demise. To be honest Greg, i had not heard of this release before i spotted it on an image that was sent to me with other films, i actually thought it was a documentary about the Hindenburg, a minute into it and i realised i was wrong, but it was a very good wrong, i would recommend this short to anyone.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Days of Steam/Days of Steam Collector's Magazine
Death Wish 1974, Full Feature 5 x 400ft Marketing.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor