Prophecy 800ft Colour Sound. (3 x 400ft joined)

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Last evening we viewed our old marketing print of the mini feature of Prophecy from 1979. Originally supplied on 3 x 400ft spools,
The film is the old monster/sci fi/ ecological story, in brief,
Prophecy is a 1979 American science fiction/horror film directed by John Frankenheimer and written by David Seltzer. It stars Robert Foxworth, Talia Shire and Armand Assante. Set in the Androscoggin or Ossipee River, the film follows an environmental agent and his wife filing a report on a paper mill in the river, not knowing that the paper mill's waste made a local bear mutate, causing the bear to run amok in the wilderness.
It's one of those films you like or dislike, it is quite laughable in places with a man in suit monster, it has the added blood and gore from the late 70s but at the end of the day, "it's a movie".
This quite a well edited version,(rare for marketing) and fits together on an 800ft reel with a little room to spare.
This was among the second wave of releases from Marketing so it lacks any of the original titles and instead has those awful letraset titles. On the up side, the print is very clean with and pretty sharp. Every so slightly soft on the opening scenes.
This print is now well over 30 years old and only has the slightest of fade with reels two and three, still having no fade worth mentioning. Greens and yellows and blues are still all very vibrant. Unfortunatly, these images dont show the colours you see on screen, they always seem to exaggerate the red. All in all, very good print, good clear image, very good colours and as always, very good sound and hardly a mark on this print.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Prophecy 800ft Colour Sound. (3 x 400ft joined)

#2 by Del Phillipson , Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Another of my personal favourites Tom, went to see this at the Cinema back in the day, very enjoyable film, mine like yours has great colours, I re recorded mine into stereo and that makes a heck of a difference, especially in the violent scenes and there are plenty of those

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

RE: Prophecy 800ft Colour Sound. (3 x 400ft joined)

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 pm

There certainly is Del, this version retains most of them too.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 09.26.2020 | Top

Porridge. Walton Agfa Stock 400ft Sound.
Psycho 400ft U8

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor