Blackpool film fair. CANCELLED

#1 by Paul Barker , Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:50 pm

hi all. sadly due to coronavirus getting worse Elaine Guest has decided that in the interest of health and safety to all dealers and collectors. the blackpool film fair will not go ahead as planned this year. the new date is sunday 21st november 2021 where a bumper film event will take place. the new date is all set and confirmed. i know it has been hard for Elaine as what to do. but the safety of everyone comes first. the virus is still having effect on so many things and sadly many are still not following government guidelines . hence the situation we are still in. Paul.

Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
Date registered 12.01.2015
ThankYou 45

RE: Blackpool film fair. CANCELLED

#2 by Tom Photiou , Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:01 pm

I know many were still planning to go to this event but i did have an idea this may happen so for that, i am sorry to hear this. Lets hope this darn thing gets sorted or dies out sooner rather than later.

Beats me why tens of thousands of Uni students are allowed to move all over the country and put into thousands of HMO houses, many holding 12 in houses designed for moderate families. The courses could mostly be done on-line, by the end of this month we will all see the results of this. Simply ridiculous, yet small businesses who may have had one person suspected with ti, is shut down. I just dont get it.

Lets all hope next year things will be different. It's been the most weird year ever!!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Del Phillipson , Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:51 pm

For the best I think Paul, I was 50/50 as to whether I would go whereas next year is another story, bigger and better I say

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Paul Barker

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#4 by Eivind Mork , Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:24 am

This seems like a wise move considering the current state, although sad. I am marking my calendar for next year!

Del Phillipson likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#5 by David Skillern , Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:33 am

This is a shame but I suppose it was expected - oh well the Imperial gets a cancellation !

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!
BLACKPOOL NEWS

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor