Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

#1 by Deleted User , Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:52 pm

HELLO FORUM MEMBERS !
I am very proud to announce Central Florida's ONLY and EVER first film collector's event happening August 20-22 , 2021 at the Holiday Inn Express in Spring Hill , Florida !

About a year and a half ago , Chip Gelmini asked attendees at Cinesea if they were willing to support a film collector's event in Florida .
There was a good show of hands ( I being one of them ) because I thought it was a great idea .

Well, lo and behold , after meeting with Chip , he and I decided to MAKE THIS HAPPEN !

So , here's the jest planned event : Movie and film screenings in super 8mm , 16mm and 35mm formats , special guests and interviews with question and answer sessions , special VIP screenings for Hotel Guests - and for you dealers , FREE tables to sell your wares ( limited number ) .

Scheduled Guests Include :

" Mr. Super 8 " - STEVE OSBORNE - The Online Home of the World-Wide Super 8/16mm Film Maker/Collector Magazine! - The Reel Image (jimdofree.com)

ALAN GOUGER - Home Theater Expert and projection modifier

TRESSA GRAVES - Horror novelist and web series producer / director ( whom I assist in many of her series , go to : Official Tressa Graves – Author of True Crime, Psychological Thrillers, Horror )

GEOFFREY CURTIS - " Mr. 35mm / Web D.J . "

Upon arrival at the hotel , you will receive a printed schedule for the full 3 days of activities .

AND PARKING IS FREE !!!

So , are you interested now ?

EMAIL ME AT : monsterman1954@aol.com for the special hotel room rate for attendees ( 91.00 per night ) OR any other questions

Looking forward to meeting all you forum members and having A BLAST that weekend !

- Dave Baker

Tom Photiou likes this
Last edited Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 am | Top

RE: Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

#2 by Greg Perry , Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 pm

This is great Dave! We need more conventions--and attendees--to keep the hobby moving along...Thank you for making this happen!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 357

RE: Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

#3 by Deleted User , Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:45 am

YES , THANK YOU GREG !

A correction on the dates - AUGUST 20-22 , 2021 .

#4 by Eivind Mork , Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:59 am

I corrected the date in the original post accordingly.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

#5 by Martin Dew , Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:02 am

I might try and come out for that, if we're actually allowed to travel by then, of course. I have friends in Tampa. Excellent.

Greg Perry likes this

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#6 by Greg Perry , Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:35 pm

I am planning to attend this event. As luck would have it, I will be in South Carolina earlier in the week for a family gathering so Tampa is not all that far away. Martin, I hope you, and others can make it there too!
Of course, Covid-19 plays a role in all of this. On the plus side, many of us in the U.S. have already been (or will be) vaccinated by the August time-frame.

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Tom Photiou

Greg Perry
ThankYou 357

#7 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 pm

I wish i could attend but unfortunately it's not one i can make, but i will really look forward to seeing some images and your threads on here after.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#8 by Deleted User , Mon May 31, 2021 4:42 pm

RE: Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!- CANCELED

#9 by Deleted User , Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:55 pm

I regret to inform all of you that the planned 3-Day film collector event is being canceled due to the high rise in Covid-19 Variant infections in the state of Florida .
I feel it would not be a safe environment for a crowded event that is open and free to the public . Also social distancing could not be done in an appropriate manner . Also this could involve lock-downs and quarantining .

If you have made a room reservation , please cancel it asap , but I will be in contact with the hotel and ask them to assist in that .
Should anyone have additional questions , please email me at : monsterman1954@aol.com

With regrets ,
Dave Baker

Last edited Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:56 pm | Top

RE: Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!- CANCELED

#10 by Greg Perry , Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:51 am

Dave,

This is really a sad bit of news. But I do agree it is the best thing to do given the circumstances of what is happening with this new Delta variant. I will look forward to next year's FFCC!
And thank you for putting the event together in the first place. I do agree with everyone that it would have been a great time....

Greg Perry
ThankYou 357

BLACKPOOL FILM COLLECTORS CONVENTION. 2022.
Blackpool film fair. CANCELLED

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor