Various films

#1 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Sun May 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Most of yesterday was taken up with replacing cardboard boxes and respooling films, I decided to run a couple of features while doing it, Elvis That's The Way It Is and Elvis on Tour both great films and soundtracks so an ideal choice , probably my rarest films too,I also ran one I haven't seen for years, Its All Over Town Walton 200 footer,Mark

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Del Phillipson
Mark Mander
Last edited Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 pm | Top

RE: Various films

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sun May 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Some rare titles there Mark, love both of those Elvis titles, how are the colours on them?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Del Phillipson , Sun May 03, 2020 7:39 pm

I have a few Elvis titles, my favourite is G.I. Blues, I must watch it twice a year, others include Blue Hawaii, Girls Girls Girls, Fun In Acapulco, Paradise Hawaiian Style and Roustabout, all Viacom prints, the colours have held up really well and all but the last 2 are in stereo, makes a huge difference as I'm sure Mark's Elvis features are.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#4 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Sun May 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Both have fade now, That's The Way It Is has the worst although still has colour left, a lot of black in both films as they are both concert films with Elvis on stage under spot lights, Elvis on Tour has better colour, I've only seen two copies of this title and this is one of them, That's the Way It Is the same, I wouldn't part with them. Both rerecord stereo so sound great, as are all my Elvis films.

Del ,you have to be careful on a couple of the films, Fun in Acapulco was rerecorded and I had to drop the levels on this particular one as when Bossa Nova Baby is sung Elvis's dance steps sound like a marching band!!! Amused me at the time.

On Super 8 the other features I have are Tickle Me, Roustabout, G.I Blues, Blue Hawaii,Girls Girls Girls,Fun in Acapulco, King Creole and Paradise Hawaiian Style and Jailhouse Rock. Also have the Aloha from Hawaii via satellite concert 4x400, Mark

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson
Mark Mander

#5 by Del Phillipson , Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 am

Done that one Mark, sounded ok as I recall though, I have noticed that in all the Elvis films I have, when Elvis actually sings a song, the volume goes up, like it's been added at a later date, that's from the DVD mind you.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Last edited 05.04.2020 | Top

#6 by Robert Crewdson , Mon May 04, 2020 5:06 pm

The songs would probably have been recorded in a studio then added later. They did this with the Mario Lanza musicals. The version you got on record was not necessarily the same version that appeared in the film.

Del Phillipson likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

Last edited 05.04.2020 | Top

Scuttle's Keep Fit Brigade...
The Royal River

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor