The Towering Inferno

#1 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 am

My wife is getting very suspicious now that the filler work round the house isn't dry enough to rub down, I did say I could watch it dry but thought it better to watch another disaster, I mean disaster movie!!! This is the 3x400 version, a few shots from reel 1 this time, last time I watched this which I didn't think it was that long ago the colour was much better but it is showing quite a bit of fade, reel 2 is much worse and with the dark scenes has a red hue, it's a shame as it's one of the best films of its type, also another great cast, there are some fade free prints out there so hopefully I'll find one ,Mark

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Tom Photiou, Del Phillipson and Martin Dew
Mark Mander
Last edited Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 am | Top

RE: The Towering Inferno

#2 by Tom Photiou , Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:27 pm

This is another of those brilliantly edited mini features, well edited with fades and great action all the way. Now my better half is on the mend she has told me to have a couple of relaxing days before i end up being called back into work.
Well, who am i to argue. I have my Die hard 2 lined up for tomorrow evening and the Wife will be joining me, this one is being viewed by my Brother at his own home tomorrow as well, he doesn't enjoy viewing on his own but i have to say, most of my viewings are done alone and i really dont mind it at all.
Here is our prints review for the screenshots,

The Towering Inferno. 1 x 800ft colour sound

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Del Phillipson , Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Another great cut down, I have this and am pretty sure it's LPP as the colour is fabulous (mint too), I have another print to assess at some point, have no idea as to what the colour is like on that one.

Tom Photiou likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#4 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:52 am

Del,

You most probably have got one of the Derann re-prints, Derek always thought this was a brilliant edit as well, so acquired the negs of Ken Films and brought it out again, I think he sold quite a few!

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Del Phillipson and Martin Dew
Barry Attwood
Last edited Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:52 am | Top

#5 by Del Phillipson , Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Hopefully you're right Barry, it really is a lovely print

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

The Royal River
The Wild Geese

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0