Combat Episode "Reunion"

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Tonight we viewed my Brothers two xmas presents,
The first one was this very good episode of the TV programme combat, starring Vic Morrow, this episode title is Reunion from 1963. Series 1, episode 13.
The print is in very good condition with only a few minor black lines here and there with excellent sound. The only splices are where the ads were.

This episode,
When Saunder's squad arrives at a small French town, Pvt. Paul Viller asks to seek out his estranged father that lives in the town. Paul is authorised to look for him with Sgt. Saunders and soon he meets his father, Dr. Emile Viller, and his aunt Claire Brouchard. Sgt. Saunders leave the family together and Paul sees members of the French underground accusing his father of collaboration with the Germans. Saunders returns to take Paul back to the front but he is wounded by the Germans and Paul brings him to the house of his father. When they overhear a conversation of his father with the German Col. Hoffman, he suspects that Dr. Viller is indeed a collaborator.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Combat Episode "Reunion"

#2 by Del Phillipson , Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:03 am

Never heard of it Tom, but looks very good, nice looking print.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

RE: Combat Episode "Reunion"

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am

I must admit to never hearing of this TV programme until my Brother told me he bought a dvd set. It's not my cup of tea but this episode is pretty good and has a fair amount of action in it.
It's funny when you think which way TV has gone now, back in the day there was action, adventure and great comedy. This programme, The A Team, Lost in space, Land of the giants, Time Tunnel, The 6 million dollar man to name only a few.
Now its all crappy reality, game shows & sit com. People seem to laugh at utter crap and as we all know, there catering for, (and making it trendy), every type of weird people and i for one can no longer watch any of it without wanting to throw the telly through the window.
Thanks goodness for some relieve with the recent channel, Talking pictures.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Lords of Discipline
Bilko episode, Grand Hotel.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor