Raiders of the Lost Ark/& Last Crusade Teaser

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 pm

This is a title thats needs no explanation what so ever. Anyone in our hobby who doesn't know about it must have been living on Mars. I viewed it tonight in order to take images for fleabay but have changed my mind and will keep it for bit longer.
It's been a while since i viewed it but having took a look tonight i have to say that this one is not too badly edited. Marketing films had great titles but some of there editing was pretty shoddy at best, while one or two other titles, (War of the Worlds, The Hunter, Alcatraz) have been done very well. Obviously this feature film was so full of action it must have been a nightmare to even consider chopping it to 17 minutes, but chop they did and they packed a lot into this little reel.
This print is on low fade stock, (no fade at all as yet) and the image, while good is not quite as pin sharp as it could be and, (in my opinion), the contrast is OK but a little on the darker side than is should be. No or splices in this print. so all in all, a good show starter.

Also at the start, we have the "in production teaser trailer for Indiana Jones & The last Crusade, this is a very fast moving trailer showing the cast and crew having a good time and lots of snippets of the action.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 09.18.2018 | Top

RE: Raiders of the Lost Ark/& Last Crusade Teaser

#2 by Tom Photiou , Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Here are the screenshots of the teaser for last crusade,

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Raiders of the Lost Ark/& Last Crusade Teaser

#3 by Del Phillipson , Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:20 am

Brilliant Tom, I managed to pick up Raiders earlier this year, I have had a few over the years but this one is the best copy I've had. As you mention, the only thing that lets it down is the soft image, some of the Marketing prints are quite sharp, Alcatraz, Warriors and The Hunter spring to mind, I have the Temple of Doom Trailer to go with mine.

Tom Photiou likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Pulp Fiction Trailer.
Raise The Titanic, 600ft Scope LPP

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor