Super 8 Trailers, Miracle on 34th Street / Home Alone

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Bid of an odd one for July, but i thought before i set up 16mm i would just put this little double bill through through the Elmo before putting it to rest for a few weeks,
Two great little trailers which are more or less almost short versions of the whole film.

Miracle on 34th Street is the Richard Attenbrough version from 1994. The print is excellent LPP poly with perfect colours and very good sound. This would have made an excellent 600ft version on 8.
Also one i was after for a very long time,
Home Alone, and this trailer was gifted to me by a very generous fellow collector to whom i am extremely grateful to, not to mention the superb 16mm film i bought from the gent.
This is a title that Derann boobed on. As i understand it, Derann had the rights to release the full feature in scope on super 8 but Derek didn't think it would sell very well as it was a seasonal movie. I could be wrong here, (we will never know now), but i think this was a mistake on his behalf. I know slapstick isn't everyone's cup of tea but this film has everything in it including a great score from John Williams and perfect family xmas ending.
This trailer has good quality, slightly dark in places but it makes a perfect double bill xmas trailer reel with 34th street. Again, this one has sharp image and very good sound.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Super 8 Trailers, Miracle on 34th Street / Home Alone

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Looks like fine prints indeed

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#3 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:17 am

I literally begged Derek to bring out "Home Alone" on 8mm, but once he had decided it wouldn't sell, that was it I'm afraid!

The following members like this: David Alligan and Tom Photiou
Barry Attwood

#4 by Del Phillipson , Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:23 am

Tom I am one envious man, I love both films, I do prefer the original 34th street but the remake is excellent too.

David Alligan likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Straw Dogs. 5 x 400ft colour sound ABC Films
Superman 2 / 2 x 600ft Scope LPP

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor