High Plains Drifter Scope

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Tonight was the big viewing for us. This is a film i really do enjoy although unfortunately, this one appears to be possibly a TV cut as it is edited for violence which, with this film, makes the whole viewing a bit dampened, especially as the 600ft Super 8 version has most of the bits in it that are edited out of this feature, However, what you do you want? The 30 minute super 8 version with a fading image but with the blood n guts in, or this two hour scope version with excellent image and colour, a few censored bits, and in this case, (and i knew this upon purchasing) a few jumpy bits where there is some damage on reel two, and at the very start of reel one?
In my case, i will now buy the Blu ray uncut edition as all the super 8 ones are now fading, (the one i have for sale on ebay is one of the much better ones) and i dont know when a full uncut theatrical version will show up on 16nn.

So, overal, we had a good viewing tonight of a classic Eastwood western.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Mats Abelli, Robert Crewdson and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: High Plains Drifter Scope

#2 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Looks very nice Tom,ok it has a few flaws and edited somewhat but finding a copy at all these days is hard I'd say, as long as you enjoyed it and put a smile on your face then that's all that matters,A good find so well done,Mark.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Robert Crewdson and Mats Abelli
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Mander

RE: High Plains Drifter Scope

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Looks nice, slight envy ;-)

Robert Crewdson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

B.A.D. Cats - 1980 TV Series pilot with Michelle Pfeiffer
Friday night film show for two young nieces....

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor