Star Trek Blooper Reels.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:49 pm

This was an item from Red Fox many years a go. There were three 200ft reels of this programme from American TV released and i searched out all three when they were new for sale.
I cant remember what order i bought them in but here is my thoughts on this release,
The first 200ft reel i bought was part 2 and was great, it had the trekky titles with outtakes between the titles, the image is good, (it is only bits of film edited out off the cutting room floor), the sound is actually pretty good, nice and clear with decent bass levels. The content itself is also not too bad, theirs more than enough in there for some really good laughs, but, i did find that for some reason they padded it out with some footage that made me think, "What was that for"? At the end of the day, it was a very good collectable and rare item. I had to look out for the other two releases.
I found another one off a Derann list, the quality was abysmal, the image looked like someone cleaned the whole film with a Brillo pad and the sound was a grade C-/B- and very tinny. This one was part one. Half of the reel was made up of utter rubbish, reverse film with music, (not even funny), introductions of the girls, the "muscle" the monsters as other weird stuff. The actual bloopers that were in this reel, (around 50fts worth), were ok even if the quality was awful.Then i found the last part, i was very dissapointed to find that this reel had around 70% of repeat footage from part one. I wasn't going to keep this one so i sold it on. What i have ended up with is this,
My own edit of the poor quality intro with a few bloopers, then then the very good reel of actual outtakes, (slightly edited to take out the pointless stuff) and the last 30ft made up of the bloopers left over from the poorer reel, so all in all i now have a good 350ft reel of Star Trek, Behind the scenes, (as it is introduced by the alligator man monster). I now enjoy this reel and very pleased to report, it does not appear to have any fade.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Greg Perry and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Star Trek Blooper Reels.

#2 by Greg Perry , Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:00 am

Tom, I think you made the right decision to edit this down and remove redundant stuff/crap. Not sure if all others will agree about that, but I think we all watch film for enjoyment. So if the end result is more fun to watch with a few changes then I think it makes sense. Color does look nice....I have one of these Star Trek blooper reels---pretty sure mine is the faded "brillo pad edition"...will have to check it when I come across it.....

Robert Crewdson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Erik Schoolcraft , Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:04 am

A few years ago I bought a collection of super 8 prints from a family and it included all three of the Red Fox blooper reels. Unfortunatly my first two reels of this were red at best but the last one had great color. I've been asked if there was a fourth blooper reel but I've never seen it in 30 years of collecting. The reels I have although faded do have a few redundant scenes but are fun to watch. Being a trekki myself it is nice to see Spock smile and even laugh. There is some language in the outakes that my be objectional nowadays but some people have pretty thick skin. Fun films to watch if you can find them in good condition.

Tom Photiou likes this
Erik Schoolcraft  
Erik Schoolcraft
Date registered 08.16.2018
ThankYou 18

#4 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Erik, Yes these are definatly good fun, and my three edited onto one 400ft reel, approx 350ft of good out takes is now much better.
As far as i know there were only three of these released but two of them had a lot of repeat footage.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Sleepy Hollow Trailer
Star Trek The Motion Picture 1 x 800ft

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor